Treatment packages

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lavander Rose

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I am a qualified holistic and beauty therapist, have been mobile and working from home, I am now taking on a whole new adventure of renting a room and i was thinking of introducing packages to my price list.

What i wanted to ask you all is, is it worth offering packages as I will be working on my own in a rented room??

Any advise will be greatly recieved.

Lavander rose

hello,
did you decide on a colour scheme in the end?

Yes, definetly think packages are a good idea, but rather than commit yourself to them all year round, what I do is monthly special offers, and do special packages then.

Detox January
the ultimate detox - 2hours
algae exfoliaton/peel, algae wrap, auricular acupuncture, reflexology £40

Fabulous February

book any facial and receive a free back massage

March - Mothers day
Hand Treat 30 mins £10
Feet Treat 30 mins £10
Facial 1 hour £20

Tibetan head taster 30 mins £10

I get these speical offers made up on postcards from vistaprint so they look really good.

hello again

ive decided to go with beige and cream for the reception and nail bar area which is like an L shape and for the 2 treatment rooms i have chosen a a sort of creamy nautral colour that will go with my towles which are a lilic / plum, I have been doing a bit of art work or should i say graffitti as ive tried so many testers lol

The thing is now ive decided i want to change my name as i will be working above a hairdressers id like a better name, only got two weeks as well lol

I am just in the middle of sorting out what sort of packages i want to do for when i start all this stress is killing me hehehehe

Packages never really sold in our salon,only the Bridal ones.
But i think the reason is-
most of the clients are regulars now and we dont like to push them.We should have made packages an important part of our treatment list from the start!!
We are moving to new premises soon and Packages will be pushed and encouraged from day one.We will not however say any treatment is FREE with any other purchase,- this does not work that well at all!.Use words like savings or complimentary etc.
Good luck with the new business.

Hello
I like the sound of your colour theme. I like the idea of going natural with hints of colour (plus means if you decide to change your colours, wouldnt be a hassle)
I offer a few packages - Exquisite |
HTH
xxx

What about allowing clients to make up their own packages. Whenever I see packages I always think, "yes, that's good, but Im not reallY interested in the (whatever)". Or maybe you could say you would allow alternatives of the same price?
Marion x

Hello Lavander Rose,

I used to offer packages in my price list but like others, found they weren't popular.

What we do now instead which works extremely well is offer a different package each month as our monthly promotion.

This allows me to be creative with the packages, I make up names for them, rename other treatments, and basically put together a really good mix of treatments. Package prices vary from £30-£60 and a good percentage book in for them, on top of their usual treatments.

By changing them regularly gives the clients something to look forward to, and stops them from getting 'menu fatigue'. You know what it's like if you go to a restaurant on a regular basis, if they don't change the menu, you get bored so fancy trying somewhere else for a change. Clients could feel the same if your treatments don't change - and we don't want that to happen:cry:

The other advantage of changing them each month is that it makes it easier to 'sell' them to clients, as you will always have something different to talk to the client about.

Pricing wise, I have a figure I like to charge as a basic minimum hourly rate. I work out how long the package is going to take, then price accordingly.

Latest posts

Back