treatment plan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkle_Beauty_

Reaction score
Hello!
we've never really had it properly explained to us at college what a treatment plan is? just wondering if anyone could explain a bit more
thanks a lot!

Well to me a treatment plan is - just that. Planning what treatments you are going to do. A plan of treatments in the order they are going to be performed.
xx

Hi Kayle,

My understanding of a treatment plan is one of two things. It starts with how you intend to proceed with the treatment in hand, and then secondly a recommendation for ongoing treatments for your client to correct any issues or problems they may have.

A great example for this would be for a facial. You would plan to
a) carry out a full consultation for the client, prepare the client for the treatment, and follow this with standard hygiene checks, i,e cleanse hands ect.
b) carry out a skin diagnosis
c) on the basis of the diagnosis decide which products to use
d) complete a superficial and deep cleanse, follow with toning
e) which method of skin warming will you use, if at all, and reasons for doing so. How will you do this
f) exfoliate the skin with a scrub or enzyme peel (which every is appropriate)
g) Massage - how do you need to vary this for the client
h) mask - which will you use, will you differ the mask for different areas of the face - how long will you apply it for.
i) moisturiser - which will you use. How will you apply it

and then overall treatment plan- what would you recommend for the client fr future treatments, how do you suggest they treat a client concern, for e.g. acne. How often will they need these treatment ect ect.

This is how i did my case studies, and my portfolio was accepted with positive comments from the assessors.
i hope this helps!

Thanks to you both for your replies! That deffantly helps, i was just a bit unsure if it was something you wrote down (for example on the clients records) or if it was just something that you spoke to the client about
thanks again for your help! =)

i was just a bit unsure if it was something you wrote down (for example on the clients records) or if it was just something that you spoke to the client about

I suppose that would depend on the structure of your course.
I had to complete case studies and for that i had to write down the treatment plan and treatment recommendations on my case study record. When speaking with the client i always give an overview of the treatment so that he/she is aware of how the treatment will progress, and then provide treatment recommendations as part of my aftercare.
HTH's! :wink2:

a treatment plan is a way of establishing the treatment objectives with the client, and measuring/recording the results for future reference. You can identify the reason for the treatment, what they hope to acheive, you can explain what is realistically possible, and when you have recorded it all you can monitor the treatment progress xx:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back