Treatment price lists and leaflets etc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelancetrainer

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Just trying to design a price list to pop through doors for my beauty services. I’m just playing around trying to create one in Word on the computer. I definately won’t want to print them myself as that would take a lot of ink, paper and time to fold etc. Im interested to know what most people do when just starting out. Do you design your own then discuss with a printing company and get them to do it all? And is there any good soft ware to use or online companies to help you with designing?

Honestly, you're best paying a designer to design it and a printing company to print it. Most print companies won't print Word Docs off the bat. Carl @ Verve Designs (search on facebook for Verve Designs) designs things very cheaply.

Vista Print have lots of ready-made templates you can choose from and adapt. You select what category your business is , pick the one you like best and add your information. You can insert photos, logos etc and move things around to suit. It's quite a good way to start up if you can't afford to go down the designer route straight away.

That’s useful to know thank you!

Vistaprint are excellent and cost effective

Hello once again. I got a basic leaflet design sent to me from vistaprint. It needs lots of tweaking etc. They’ve say just to get back to them and they’ll make any adjustments. I envisage a lot of too’ing and fro’ing between us. Is there not a way to play around with ideas by myself or is it just a matter of me having to write to them what I envisage in my mind?

Hello once again. I got a basic leaflet design sent to me from vistaprint. It needs lots of tweaking etc. They’ve say just to get back to them and they’ll make any adjustments. I envisage a lot of too’ing and fro’ing between us. Is there not a way to play around with ideas by myself or is it just a matter of me having to write to them what I envisage in my mind?

Ah, it looks like you may have selected Design Services?

I've just had a quick look on the website to refresh my memory and by doing the following steps I managed to get the ready-prepared designs :-

1. Marketing Materials
2. Folded Leflets

3. Select Bi-fold or Tri-fold, size, paper etc

4. Select "Start Designing" (blue box)

5. On the left hand side there should now be a list under "Industry". I selected Beauty & Spa, but there are plenty of options. This then brings up all the sample designs for you to choose from, then you just add your information.

It is still time consuming but you can do a bit, save it and come back to it later if you are pushed for time. You also get to print a draft off before you get Vistaprint to print them, so you'll know what it looks like.

Good luck! X

As Beautiful you says above, looks like you've selected the wrong section on vistaprint. You can do it all by yourself, saving your draft as you work on it. You can print off draft versions to check as you go along.The most important thing to do is really thoroughly check your final draft before hitting the order button. Get other people to read it too in case you have made spelling or grammar mistakes, or it just doesn't make sense to a newbie client.

When choosing which design to go for check out what else you can get in that matching design as this looks really professional.
I have ordered:
  • price lists (tri-fold ones)
  • business cards
  • appointment cards
  • large appt cards for courses
  • window decal
  • vouchers & envelopes
  • insert flyers on card for new treatments introduced since my last print off
  • cancellation policy flyer
  • home care advice for shellac gel polish
  • home care advice for after electrolysis
  • cheque stamp

As Beautiful you says above, looks like you've selected the wrong section on vistaprint. You can do it all by yourself, saving your draft as you work on it. You can print off draft versions to check as you go along.The most important thing to do is really thoroughly check your final draft before hitting the order button. Get other people to read it too in case you have made spelling or grammar mistakes, or it just doesn't make sense to a newbie client.

When choosing which design to go for check out what else you can get in that matching design as this looks really professional.
I have ordered:
  • price lists (tri-fold ones)
  • business cards
  • appointment cards
  • large appt cards for courses
  • window decal
  • vouchers & envelopes
  • insert flyers on card for new treatments introduced since my last print off
  • cancellation policy flyer
  • home care advice for shellac gel polish
  • home care advice for after electrolysis
  • cheque stamp

I must have printed off dozens of drafts before finally being happy with mine !

Thank you both so much. I thought I must have gone in the wrong direction somehow. I much prefer to do my own design. Thank you.

The website Desygner is where I do all of mine and they’re free and look so professional, I love it x

Latest posts

Back