Treatment time at 3 hours for enhancements help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauram87

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I’m a new member hoping for some support. I’m recently qualified as a nail tech and really enjoying it, hope it will become my new career full time.

Currently though it is taking me roughly 3 hours to complete a set of acrylics or gel builders. It’s crazy! I’m trying so hard to work faster but I think I’m spending too long prepping out of fear i’ll Leave moisture behind and lifting will happen. I’ve just started using a proper big brush rather than the thin training brush so hoping that’ll quicken me up.

Any tips or suggestions? Is this normal when you first start? There’s no way I could ask clients to pay after sitting for that long!
Thanks xx

You'll only get quicker with practice. You could buy a training hand and practice on that to speed things up instead of waiting for clients.

I am in the same situation so I feel your pain . It's really frustrating. I am currently practising on friends when they are available....and have a practice hand I use too. The practice hand us not quite the same as you can't really "prep" the nail plate, but it does help with practising sculpting technique. Good luck and Keep us posted was to how it goes. Don't give up though. I was very despondent at one stage....but I really enjoy what I do....some of us just a bit longer to get to an acceptable time frame!!

I too, am in the same position as you! It takes me a long time to do a full set aswell and I struggle to find models so most of the time, it is just the training hand, maybe we are perfectionists!

It is normal to be slower when you’ve first qualified.
Thorough prep is essential but once you’ve done it don’t keep going over it.
Have everything laid out in advance and when you’re chatting keep working, don’t look up at your client.
You need to do as many sets as you can. Friends, family, models all to build up a portfolio of your work and to give you practice.
And ask them to pay! Even if it’s an introductory offer.

Break your service into thirds...... prep / application / finishing
Time each of these and work out where you are spending too much time. I would stsrt by trying to aim for 45 mins each then try to get to 30 mins each.
Then practice practice practice. Its the only way you will get faster.
My teacher said it takes about 6 months working full time to get faster .
Good luck.

i take 3 hours also but i do charge. I charge much less than other local salons around and i explain to people that i am slower and this is reflected in the price. usually they are happy enough then to dedicate the time to it

Latest posts

Back