Treatment timing disclaimer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jes

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just had a complaint from somebody I did a back, neck and shoulder massage on yesterday. She wanted to know why her massage only lasted about 30 minutes and not the 45 mins I had on my price list (she disregarded the consultation time before and the 15 minute relaxation period afterwards)

Anyhow I consider it my fault for not explaining properly so I need a short, simple, but informative, sentence to add my price lists to explain that the times I quote, next to my treatments, are just a guide (basically they are the times I allocate for that treatment in my appointment diary). Any ideas....:)

TIA
jes

What about something simple and to the point like "All treatment times include consultation"

At least if its there at the bottom of the menu people cant say they havent been told!

Good luck :)

At my last salon they used to use the phrase "these are approximate appointment times, not actual treatment times". Personally I only put the actual time of the treatment, but when booking tell them to allow an extra 15 minutes for consultation & getting on & off the couch.

At my last salon they used to use the phrase "these are approximate appointment times, not actual treatment times". Personally I only put the actual time of the treatment, but when booking tell them to allow an extra 15 minutes for consultation & getting on & off the couch.

This is what I do Martin, just putting treatment time on the price list. xx

Thanks for the replies:)

I should point out that it's important that I write down the total amount of time they are likely to spend in my salon (as opposed to treatment time) as many of my clients park on meters outside my salon

jes

I like the first one.
Shame that common sense quit the job:rolleyes:
I know business is business but when you get one like that, wouldn't it be nice to be able to tell them to go forth:smack:

I like the first one.
Shame that common sense quit the job:rolleyes:
I know business is business but when you get one like that, wouldn't it be nice to be able to tell them to go forth:smack:
Yes, but I think if I have to explain about the time spent for consultation, I'll end up having to include the time for undressing/dressing, relaxation, glass of water and time spent paying at the till, just to cover myself:lol:

....So it think use Martin's suggestion, I think it explains it all without getting complicated:)

Thanks
jes

I write the time the massage/treatment takes on our price list, I dont include the consult time and the undressing and dressing time etc.

I also point out this to all new clients. I suppose it would be easier to write it on the price list..................

Latest posts

Back