Treatment to condition brows that won’t strip tint or henna?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollieAJA

Reaction score
I’ve read conflicting reports on the use of castor oil in relation to tinted or henna brows. Does anyone know if it is ok to recommend after tinting or henna? Some say oils strip the colour quicker, but then others recommend it to condition the brows. I wanted to suggest this after brow lamination as it can be drying but worried this will strip my clients colour quicker.

As a hair geek, I wouldn’t recommend castor oil for scalp hair because I think it’s quite alkaline and hair conditioners are normally acidic. However, a quick test with litmus paper will resolve the issue.

Alkaline products open up the cuticle layer so will cause colour to fade more quickly and as brow hair is similar to scalp hair, I’d advise against using it.

Hopefully, a knowledgeable Skin geek will be along shortly to confirm or refute my theory. :)

As a hair geek, I wouldn’t recommend castor oil for scalp hair because I think it’s quite alkaline and hair conditioners are normally acidic. However, a quick test with litmus paper will resolve the issue.

Alkaline products open up the cuticle layer so will cause colour to fade more quickly and as brow hair is similar to scalp hair, I’d advise against using it.

Hopefully, a knowledgeable Skin geek will be along shortly to confirm or refute my theory. :)

ahhhh thanks for getting back to me, sorry I obviously wasn’t clear in my message. I meant in relation to eyebrow tinting and henna brows.

Do not use castor oil . Best oil for hair , lashes and eyebrows is Usma oil

Do not use castor oil . Best oil for hair , lashes and eyebrows is Usma oil
Thanks for this! - it was more I have mass confusion that oily skin means faster fading of tint/henna, oil based cleansers mean faster fading of tint/henna, but then i’m recommending putting a hydrating oil onto the brows. It’s seems to make no sense? - that’s the bit that’s making my head hurt!

You not suppose to use oil based products before tint or henna . I do use before treatment scrub and brow shampoo, and little drop of oil after that’s make sense )) I personally think they fading same really

You not suppose to use oil based products before tint or henna . I do use before treatment scrub and brow shampoo, and little drop of oil after that’s make sense )) I personally think they fading same really
Ok that’s good to know, thank you. The information just seems so conflicting so I was hoping someone could explain why oil based cleansers are a big no, but oils like castor are recommended. It’s confusing me!

After treatment big yes ))) . Specially usma oil . If you use oil before henna won’t work same as any eyebrow dye , might get patchy

I use caster oil on my brows and haven't noticed the tint fading faster. Most brow oils I've seen contain caster oil xx

Castor oil doesn’t do anything to hair , because has very big molecules, and doesn’t stimulate hair growth or nourish . That’s why I’m suggesting Usma oil or Usma juice not only after treatment, can be used every day

Latest posts

Back