Treatments and products from back in the day thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or did you also have a sequined butterfly top that tied on at thr back? I always wanted one of these but I was so busty I couldn't have one as you needed to go bra - less! !! Xxx

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Yep, a friend bought me one from holiday! And had a similar style one from topshop, it was a flimsy thing like a black bikini top with beading and then a thin/see through piece of material also with a pattern of beads which covered my tummy! But all open at the back just 2 thin straps! God help you if someone pulled them!

Xx

Ooo also on the topic of slicking the hair back, (I also had the 2 pieces of hair at the front...)It was either that or a fringe curled around a barrel brush & hair sprayed within an inch of its life so it stuck out & from the side you could see straight threw it... So instead of being a fringe like: ( it was more C

Xx

Thats the coke can fringe! We called it that as it looked like it had a coke can left in overnight to give it shape then sprayed with silvikrin hairspray! And lads at school use to comb theres forward and gel it and you could see the comb lines

I had a few handkerchief tops and also the skirt over trousers thing? Don't think that phase lasted long!!

Had the top of my ear pierced about a million times as every time it went bad and I had to take it out 😠

I remember going to the shop with my friends to buy bliss, sugar and shout magazines and then tittering over the "snogging" and problem pages 😂😂

Thats the coke can fringe! We called it that as it looked like it had a coke can left in overnight to give it shape then sprayed with silvikrin hairspray! And lads at school use to comb theres forward and gel it and you could see the comb lines

Yes, the lads hair, that or full on curtains... Or the shaved head but left with a fringe 😂 xx

Yes, the lads hair, that or full on curtains... Or the shaved head but left with a fringe 😂 xx

That bald head tiny fringe look was all the rage! 😂😂😂 it was awful.

I tried to cut my own fringe to do the C shape thing. I ended up looking like a boy with the curtains because I had such a strong centre parting and it was too wide :eek:

I always wanted a butterfly sequin top too but my mum was having none of it lol.

My hairs not far off curtains now from all the bleach

This is bringing back memories, not all good ones either!! Hooded tops with white dungerees only fastened over 1 shoulder! High top trainers, beer bottle tops on your lace up kickers at school, getting drunk on diamond white & castaway aka blast away!!

What about toe socks. I had a million of them.

I'm current watching a 90s film on Netflix and the girls on it have literally everything everyone here has described! Lol from hankerchief tops to butterfly clips and and baby blue eyeshadow 😃😃awful lol xxx

Vicky x

Ooo what film?

My first straighteners were white babyliss steam ones and you had to the fill the blue cartridge with water 😆 I thought they were amazing but all they did was frizz my hair!

Roll on body glitter was a fave amongst us too. Aswell as coloured mascara.

Hahaha I had these straightners😂😂 I really thought mu hair was straight when in fact it was still a bush🙈

I used to do ultra tone and body wraps and worked for a company called yves rocher!
At school it was all about kiwi and Morrolow cherry lipbalm from the body shop. Dewberry and white musk from the body shop and Tiffany (I think we're alone now)
Getting old!!!!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1423612954.052073.jpg The original TG linear loved that range x

Tigi Linea was the best. Then they ruined it with all the bed head stuff :cool:

I remember the juniors wearing black trousers with a skirt attached to them

I had a few handkerchief tops and also the skirt over trousers thing? Don't think that phase lasted long!!

Had the top of my ear pierced about a million times as every time it went bad and I had to take it out 😠

I remember going to the shop with my friends to buy bliss, sugar and shout magazines and then tittering over the "snogging" and problem pages 😂😂

Bliss, sugar and shout! Those were the days! And mizz! I was in one of those magazines once in the penpal section, I think I listed my hobbies as hanging around with friends, music, and fit boys (cringe!) xx

Velour track suits, von dutch trucker hats, polo shirts with the collar up, louis vuitton bags (the white ones with multicoloured logos all over them, mostly fakes), anything camoflage, and ugg boots worn with shorts :)

Latest posts

Back