Treatments in pajamas, are you serious?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilyloukatiekoo

Reaction score
I had a call at 8pm this evening from a client asking if I was busy right now.
I am mobile so this is not unusual from this particular client.
I have been chocca block for the last few months and was enjoying a rare night off.
So I replied saying sorry I've just put on my pj's and let her know a few more time slots I have
She responded with " that's ok you can come round in your pajamas"

I'm still laughing

Haha . Oh dear , some people eh !

Unless PJs actually affect your ability to do the job properly and professionally then where's the problem?!

No problem, I just thought it was funny.

Indeed it is, but on the other hand it's income, which is not to be sniffed at!

i've gone opened the salon up on my day off or gone in very late to accomodate people. i would be in my jeans and as lynne said it doesn't affect the treatment .

salon hours ....-turned out in uniform .

doing someone a favour...take me as you find me.

I think the point was she's clocked off for the evening :)

Of course I am not sniffing at extra income! and usually I accomodate this client hence why she asks last minute if she gets home from work and fancys a treatment and I'm not busy i will go out.
I wouldn't go in my pjs though I would at least want a bra and pants on!!

This evening I would like an evening off though

It is Friday night ha you should of said you was in the pub drunk! :)

If you own your business there is a school of thought that says you can check out any time you like but you can never leave...

Of course I am not sniffing at extra income! and usually I accomodate this client hence why she asks last minute if she gets home from work and fancys a treatment and I'm not busy i will go out.
I wouldn't go in my pjs though I would at least want a bra and pants on!!

This evening I would like an evening off though

I don't blame you for wanting an evening off!

lols do the treatment in pyjamas? well i think the neighbours would be thinking i was offering more than beauty treatments if i turned up like that lmao

you're right customers can be good crack and yes its important to set boundaries:p

Indeed it is, but on the other hand it's income, which is not to be sniffed at!

There is a line.
Just because we have our own business, it does not mean we should work all the hours god gives just to earn a few more pounds.
I like to earn money just as much as the next person, but when I finish, I finish.

I also think that it is good to say no sometimes, otherwise clients will take you for granted and expect you to drop everything and cater to their every whim - whenever THEY want it - its your business, so its on YOUR terms.

x

Yeah, you're right! I've never quite got the hang of this work/life balance thing!
It's half five in the morning and I'm writing press packs for the Cosmetic Executive Women summit on Monday!

Slightly different situation to yours but last week i had a client turn up to her 9am appointment in her pyjamas!! It amused me no end and brightened up my morning lol :)

There is a line.
Just because we have our own business, it does not mean we should work all the hours god gives just to earn a few more pounds.
I like to earn money just as much as the next person, but when I finish, I finish.

I also think that it is good to say no sometimes, otherwise clients will take you for granted and expect you to drop everything and cater to their every whim - whenever THEY want it - its your business, so its on YOUR terms.

x

yes but i also think that if you go the extra mile for a client then you have a client for life.
but i mean within reason obviously.
i suppose you have to weigh it up yourself , for a good regular client who asks you for an appointment on your day off or late at night , i wouldn't turn them down, if at all possible.
for someone who calls you once a year because she can't get anyone else to do it for her- no.

If you own your business there is a school of thought that says you can check out any time you like but you can never leave...

Reminds me of the lyrics to the "Hotel California"

what a sobering thought. :eek:

What would she do if your pJ's are a scimpy litle silk neglige creation with fluffy high heeled slippers. Would she let her hubby or boyfriend watch? LOL

Reminds me of the lyrics to the "Hotel California"

what a sobering thought. :eek:
yep, it was an entirely deliberate phrase.
I think I may have completely the wrong idea about business because I just never stop. I daren't; I'm scared that my clients will go elsewhere, that I'm not good enough, that one day someone will tap me on the shoulder and say "we're onto you..."
I work all the time; I have little social life anymore and my business comes first, except for the health and welfare of my humsbums and lil cat.

yep, it was an entirely deliberate phrase.
I think I may have completely the wrong idea about business because I just never stop. I daren't; I'm scared that my clients will go elsewhere, that I'm not good enough, that one day someone will tap me on the shoulder and say "we're onto you..."
I work all the time; I have little social life anymore and my business comes first, except for the health and welfare of my humsbums and lil cat.
Tap, Tap, Tap......come with me young lady, we are on to you !!!!!!

There, was that so scary? LOL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back