Treatments that can’t be done after lockdown?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachel bell

Reaction score
Hello all...i just want to be 100% in this. So im a beauty therapist who works on my own from my conservartory, am i right in thinking that when we hope to re open around july 4th, treatments such as ....lip wax, chin wax, facials, can not go ahead ...am i right in this and am i missing any other treatments that we wont be able to do
Thankyou

I’ve not heard of that. We’ve been told that we can open from 4th July at the earliest is nothing changes. I do mostly waxing.

Well this is the thing, it got mentioned to me but nothing has been clarified. If we have to wear face masks, then how are we to do face treatments [emoji848]‍♀️

I can’t see how facials, facial waxing, dermaplanning or makeup could be carried out
Also facials fillers & Botox ( not that I offer these, just saying)

Yeah, we need some clarification dont we

Luckily I don’t do facials.

Yes I’m going to start with a reduced treatment menu. I don’t want to be bending over people’s faces.

I’m quick at waxing, so after some thought, I’ve decided that I will wax underarms, but basically I’m waxing from the navel down.

I’ve decided that I will do brows (wax, not thread) and lash lifting. I’ll be wearing a visor over a mask.

I’ve done a video in how to thread yourself and I’ll encourage clients to do their own facial threading. I think I’ll have to sell small quantities of wax and spatulas and teach clients how to wax their faces virtually. Either that or set up a gazebo in the garden and a long extension lead. I think I can wax over faces etc with a visor but the worry for me is how to stop any virus building up in my treatment room during the course of the day. Covid19 doesn’t live in the air, it’s carried on moisture, but I’m not sure if I’ve had Covid and if I have to close because I’m sick, I think that will frighten away my clients.

Doing treatments facing clients may not be permitted. We’ll be safer if we ask clients not to talk during treatments. We produce NO3 in our sinuses which disinfects bacteria etc when we inhale. Obviously it doesn’t sterilise everything, but it gives us a chance. Bodies are amazingly well designed. If our clients are breathing through their noses we’ll have a reduced virus exposure than if they’re yapping because their exhaled bacteria and virus will be reduced.

Hi,
I live in UK, I got stranded in France on my holidays.
Salons there have reopen on the 11th of May.
Therapist are using masks and plastic face shields. Clients are also wearing masks.
For facials or face waxing clients are asked to not talk. It is still possible to have treatments respecting the rules of disinfection, cleaning etc.
I honestly don’t understand why we are only allowed to open around July, several other countries are also reopening Salons/ hairdressers etc.
We have to restart business somehow x

Hello, how do we go abouts lip wax , facials etc when we start working?
Can we do them?

Your insurance or member organisation, ie FHT, The Guild of Holistic Therapists etc will have guidelines. You will need to do a risk assessment prior to re-opening. There is also a FREE online course on infection control offered by Jennifer Young.
You will learn about your legal responsibilities and so much more. The WHO will have information on their website also about COVID and how it is spread - know your enemy!

Latest posts

Back