Treatments Vs college treatment beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmasam123

Reaction score
So I’m going mobile, what I want to know is when you learn how to do a treatment in college let say a facial you use a type of mask like the ones you mix with rose water or witch hazel.

So if I’m becoming mobile can I make up treatments? As in use different kind of marks, products that match together, or do I have only do what I learned. So can I buy different mask from trade stores and use them and make my own treatments up. May sound silly but I’m going from training straight to mobile.

If so do you have any examples?

The reason you learn how to mix ingredients to make masks for different skin types at college is to give you the understanding on how masks work.
So for example oatmeal (humectant) mixed with almond oil is for dry skin because it hydrates, fulllers earth mixed with witch hazel would be for very oily skin because it strips out excess oil.
Once you qualify you will be using ready mixed masks from a brand specifically for the different skin types. No need to buy the set of mask ingredients.

The reason you learn how to mix ingredients to make masks for different skin types at college is to give you the understanding on how masks work.
So for example oatmeal (humectant) mixed with almond oil is for dry skin because it hydrates, fulllers earth mixed with witch hazel would be for very oily skin because it strips out excess oil.
Once you qualify you will be using ready mixed masks from a brand specifically for the different skin types. No need to buy the set of mask ingredients.

Ok I understand now lol i am qualified but never done anything after I got qualified. I’m now sorting out refresher courses and doing my research so can go mobile. So have lots questions to ready myself.

Excellent advice from CFBS

If you are going to be mobile, then pre mixed products are the way forward. Imagine the mess you could make with all the dry ingredients and it would be time consuming.
A good basic brand is Kaeso, with the full range products to suit every skin type. There's an opportunity to retail as well . Available from Ellisons, EWD , and C M Hair and beauty supplies.

Excellent advice from CFBS

If you are going to be mobile, then pre mixed products are the way forward. Imagine the mess you could make with all the dry ingredients and it would be time consuming.
A good basic brand is Kaeso, with the full range products to suit every skin type. There's an opportunity to retail as well . Available from Ellisons, EWD , and C M Hair and beauty supplies.
Thank you was just looking at what brands I might use. Was looking on salon services but don’t seem to do many brands mostly skintruth but I’m not sure they any good.

I don't like skintruth- the smell is artificial to me.
I use kaeso for my budget facials- good range, good price, sls and parabens free.
Payot Paris for my electrical facials- total game changer for me.

Thank you was just looking at what brands I might use. Was looking on salon services but don’t seem to do many brands mostly skintruth but I’m not sure they any good.

Another vote for kaeso brand here. It’s really good stuff, affordable and retails easily. The serums recently launched are all lovely too.
I use ellisons as they sell so much of the different brands I use. Next day delivery and much easier than using lots of different companies when you just want one of this and one of that.

It’s easy when you first start off mobile to pick and mix your product ranges which is fun to do but when running a business, try to start from the perspective of ‘will this make me money?’
As @CFBS says, if you can buy most of your supplies from one supplier, it cuts down del9very charges or travel costs, which you need to account for when working out your profit margin.

Latest posts

Back