Treatwell?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had the best time with them - noticed that they will push your salon but as soon as a client does visit you they will then push another salon onto the client so they make more money- yes it gets people in but also just people who want cheaper treatments. We always tried to upsell other treatments but found that some clients wanted cheap and cheerful not quality - this is not what my salon stands for so we don't use it anymore we went onto our own online booking system that is linked through our facebook and found that works much better and use the system for marketing - really interesting

I haven't had the best time with them - noticed that they will push your salon but as soon as a client does visit you they will then push another salon onto the client so they make more money- yes it gets people in but also just people who want cheaper treatments. We always tried to upsell other treatments but found that some clients wanted cheap and cheerful not quality - this is not what my salon stands for so we don't use it anymore we went onto our own online booking system that is linked through our facebook and found that works much better and use the system for marketing - really interesting

Hi, can I ask what other booking system you use? I’m just trying to find one a bit more in depth than what I’m using and to use one for marketing also would be good!

Hi, can I ask what other booking system you use? I’m just trying to find one a bit more in depth than what I’m using and to use one for marketing also would be good!
Hi Liam sorry for the late delay Ive been using iSalon for a few months no - I did loads of research and saw a lot and choose these are they don't charge per online bookings - others do and charge about £1 per booking so each month would have been breaking my bank! They seem expensive up front but I am so happy I went with them as the marketing and the reporting is a life saver! I can pass you on my Sales Rep number if you need it :)

Hi everyone I’m new to this, I work for a new online directory for the hair & beauty industry we’re new and fresh, with no commission taken or start up fee, just a monthly payment, working heavy on REAL customer reviews & awarding our salons with our best loved salon guide, we are LOCATE YOUR LOOK, and we’re here to help all our lovely salons x hope this post is ok

I can’t find a recent discussion, so I thought I’d re-start one: opinions on signing up with Treatwell?
In a previous salon, I found them great, easy to use, helpful to get our listing on page one of google. Threads on here aren’t very favourable towards them, but business owners that I’ve spoken to . . . seem to like them and highly recommend them. So I’m unsure if I should sign with them or not.
They have (since December) changed their prices and now have a sign up fee AND a monthly subscription, but now have reduced commission.

Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks
Don’t bother with treatwell.... no control
Over what they do at all, had clients turning up that booked through them but didn’t inform us, money issues, just generally more hassle than it was worth!

Here are some problems with Treatwell’s business model:
1. Commission increased - In a few weeks they are increasing their commission from 20% to (wait for it) 35%!! (Huge)
Their logic is that this new pricing structure would reward salons who have repeat Treatwell customers. Whereas before every booking made through Treatwell is 20% commission. With the new structure, salons will not be charged a commission on repeat Treatwell bookings. Only the 35% from the first booking.
I really don’t see this working very well. Regardless of how much salons (may or may not) make when a customer books again. Giving away 35% for new customers is a deal breaker. No salon wants to slave themselves in that way, watching their profit margins disappear before their eyes. Treatwell is known for not attracting repeat customers to the salons, so why do they think they can convince merchants to give 35% with the false promise of repeat visits.

2. They want to grow their salons list so large without taking care of the existing salons. This makes them no different from daily deals websites. Because they are chasing short term profit and not seeing the bigger picture. If after a year or two the salons on their platform open their eyes (realising they have been played against each other). Treatwell will be ditched like a hot potato.
3. Trying to be a jack of all trade and a master of none. Over the years Treatwell appears confused as to who their real customers are. They want barbers, salons, beauty business on their platform. The more the merrier it seems. But sadly their lack of focus is going to bite them, because they are unable to really take care of the merchants who at the end of it, have a business to run and a living to make.

I'm currently with Treatwell and they were great at bringing new clients in at first with their 20% fee but now they've told me that they've decided that they're going to charge me at least £20 monthly rate plus 35% commission of every client and it doesn't matter if the client is new, regular or my own from before them. They are refusing to put anything in writing and ignoring my phone calls & emails and when I asked about how much notice I need to give them if I wanted to leave they won't email me that, they said they would speak to me over the phone which for as far as I'm concerned will turn into "we never said that" later. I've been using them for 3 years now and hate them as they never do what they say they would if you ask them but want to charge ridiculous fees without telling you instead of appreciating your partnership with them. Stay away

I'm currently switching to Shedul. It's free and if you sign up with them, Fresha is free as well and does same thing as Treatwell but without any charges

Anyone know how to cancel a Treatwell Account? Is it easy to do? I cant find how to do it online. Ive had plenty of bookings through it, but it doesn't sync to my new booking platform

Anyone know how to cancel a Treatwell Account? Is it easy to do? I cant find how to do it online. Ive had plenty of bookings through it, but it doesn't sync to my new booking platform
I'm currently trying to do the same thing. I found this (see pic attached) so I guess you just meant to write to them a month before you leave but not sure where you write to exactly

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190218-090632.png
    Screenshot_20190218-090632.png
    272.8 KB · Views: 34
I'm currently with Treatwell and they were great at bringing new clients in at first with their 20% fee but now they've told me that they've decided that they're going to charge me at least £20 monthly rate plus 35% commission of every client and it doesn't matter if the client is new, regular or my own from before them. They are refusing to put anything in writing and ignoring my phone calls & emails and when I asked about how much notice I need to give them if I wanted to leave they won't email me that, they said they would speak to me over the phone which for as far as I'm concerned will turn into "we never said that" later. I've been using them for 3 years now and hate them as they never do what they say they would if you ask them but want to charge ridiculous fees without telling you instead of appreciating your partnership with them. Stay away

Hi Simona, I'm currently finalizing a disruptor for the industry. I would really love your feedback. Would you be interested in speaking with me regarding you experiences with Treatwell?

Kindest regards Mark

Hi Simona, I'm currently finalizing a disruptor for the industry. I would really love your feedback. Would you be interested in speaking with me regarding you experiences with Treatwell?

Kindest regards Mark
I'll think about it first but I'd like to know who are you working for. Are you one of their sales reps or something?

Hi

No not at all. My name is Mark I'm a founder member of New start up company aubergine.me

We are based in Northern Ireland and are part of a new start up for the beauty and wellness industry.

We focus on rewarding clients for their loyalty to salons based on sharing their experiences. We offer a face to face account management service and we have learnt from the market and the mistakes made by companies such as treat well.

I'm intrigued by these charges and of course it would be remiss to belive everything I read on forums. As an example we charge a small monthly fee. We charge £1 for a product or service booked through our platform.

If it would make you feel more comfortable I'm happy to have a call with you and tell you all about us. If you do not wish to elaborate that's no problem at all

Kind regards Mark Walls

Hi

No not at all. My name is Mark I'm a founder member of New start up company aubergine.me

We are based in Northern Ireland and are part of a new start up for the beauty and wellness industry.

We focus on rewarding clients for their loyalty to salons based on sharing their experiences. We offer a face to face account management service and we have learnt from the market and the mistakes made by companies such as treat well.

I'm intrigued by these charges and of course it would be remiss to belive everything I read on forums. As an example we charge a small monthly fee. We charge £1 for a product or service booked through our platform.

If it would make you feel more comfortable I'm happy to have a call with you and tell you all about us. If you do not wish to elaborate that's no problem at all

Kind regards Mark Walls
Ok. I'm interested. I'll pm you my email address as will be easier to talk via that especially when I have busy days at work

Kindest regards Mark

Ok. I'm interested. I'll pm you my email address as will be easier to talk via that especially when I have busy days at work

One to one conversations should be by way of PM please. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back