Treatwell

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leenie81

Beautify
Reaction score
How does treatwell work? Is it different to group on?

Treatwell is basically a directory, sort of like the Yellow Pages for hair and beauty salons. So basically any time someone wants to find a business they could go there and search to find one, and if you are on them they might find you. They also rank well on Google, so if someone searches for "find hair salons in dorset" they will come up near the top, so potentially they could generate a fair number of bookings.

For the bookings they send you they will charge a % of the service fee (not insignificant amount).

Lots of people use Treatwell with good success.

The important thing is to never use directory services like Treatwell or Fresha as you primary computer system, even though they have similar features, that will cause you problems later.

Treatwell is basically a directory, sort of like the Yellow Pages for hair and beauty salons. So basically any time someone wants to find a business they could go there and search to find one, and if you are on them they might find you. They also rank well on Google, so if someone searches for "find hair salons in dorset" they will come up near the top, so potentially they could generate a fair number of bookings.

For the bookings they send you they will charge a % of the service fee (not insignificant amount).

Lots of people use Treatwell with good success.

The important thing is to never use directory services like Treatwell or Fresha as you primary computer system, even though they have similar features, that will cause you problems later.

Thankyou, I have two new staff starting and I was wondering if treatwell would help get them busier or I might be best with advertising on social media ?

Everyone's experience will vary with how effective it is, but what I would say is that Treatwell would be less effort from you than trying to do social media advertising. It is probably what I would do first, but I would be interested in hearing other peoples opinions.

Everyone's experience will vary with how effective it is, but what I would say is that Treatwell would be less effort from you than trying to do social media advertising. It is probably what I would do first, but I would be interested in hearing other peoples opinions.

Thankyou I will look into it x

They charge 42 % for the first visit of a client which is absolutely obscene. I’m hopeful another company will come soon with better deals for salons. Horrible company

Is it a site when you could say you only have very limited appointments, say only 10 bookings through the site a week. So could be used more as an Internet exposure rather than main source of income.

Is it a site when you could say you only have very limited appointments, say only 10 bookings through the site a week. So could be used more as an Internet exposure rather than main source of income.

Yep you can do that. I open 2 slots a day with them. It costs £18 per month to do that. They buy the top spots on google so very hard to come high on a search without them

They charge 42 % for the first visit of a client which is absolutely obscene. I’m hopeful another company will come soon with better deals for salons. Horrible company
Not defending them but the reason they charge so much is that the cost to maintain the platform will be huge and also, their marketing budget is obscene to keep driving traffic and people to the platform which without doing, salons/people won't pay to be on there. Then there is a slice for profit of course.

The reason they don't have a main competitor is because no one wants to spend millions going up against them.

I think you’re looking at this from the wrong perspective.
If your retention rate is good, then think of the 42% fee as part of your marketing budget for attracting new clients. If Treatwell is attracting your target market to book in for a treatment, then it’s a good result. Retaining new clients is down to the service provided by your salon.

Oh god that’s ridiculous!!!!

I've been with Treatwell for a year as a single hair operator with limited availability.
I think the interface is great and the photos they take fantastic.
I disliked the rather silly prose they added for each salon and service so I have written my own.
I certainly don't make lots from my Treatwell listing, but for such a small amount of effort I think it's a worthwhile market place.
My own beauty therapist gets the majority of new clients through them.

I go on the basis that I decide if free apppintments are available through the site, and if I want to offer any discounts on them.
And if I have time available then any payment for it is worthwhile as I have already paid the overheads to be available.

If a business is a full service operator with several team members and a shop front you could probably spend your marketing budget better.

Thankyou, I have two new staff starting and I was wondering if treatwell would help get them busier or I might be best with advertising on social media ?
If you're looking to get clients booked for your new team members, Treatwell books direct.
On social media your client has to click through to your own site or call you or whatnot so some clients may potentially get put off by that.

Latest posts

Back