SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lizfinessebeauty

Reaction score
Hi all, I have just started my own business and I’m renting a room in a holistic/ lash training salon. I have existing clients already (not a lot) but I am trying to find as many ways as possible to promote, I have done leaflet dropping, Facebook and Instagram ads but I am now thinking of going treatwel? I know they take a bit of a percentage but I thought it would be a good way to advertise as other salons on the high street are using it. Just wanted to know other people’s thoughts on it and if they know any other ways of advertising?
Thanks Liz

I think people love it or hate it. I was with Treatwell for 2 years, which was just ok. It helped me get clients in, but I always had no shows and late cancellations from it, which used to drive me up the wall. Then they upped the pricing so I left and don't miss it to be honest.

It worked out the same price for me to have my own website - this draws in most of my clients. They can book online and pay deposits too. I don't do leaflet drops or social media ads and I'm busy just from my website. I guess it depends on your location and business type?

I also haven't had a no show in 3 years since I ditched Treatwell! Maybe they've improved this now?

I think people love it or hate it. I was with Treatwell for 2 years, which was just ok. It helped me get clients in, but I always had no shows and late cancellations from it, which used to drive me up the wall. Then they upped the pricing so I left and don't miss it to be honest.

It worked out the same price for me to have my own website - this draws in most of my clients. They can book online and pay deposits too. I don't do leaflet drops or social media ads and I'm busy just from my website. I guess it depends on your location and business type?

I also haven't had a no show in 3 years since I ditched Treatwell! Maybe they've improved this now?

thank you that’s made me think about now getting a website lots of people have recommended it to me as well so I think it’s the best thing to try

Treatwell can be great way to find new clients in the area. The only issue you will face in further down the road. As soon as you build up a good clientele using treatwell, other salons will be picking up your clients.

I would say, a website and leaflet dropping is always a good first step. From speaking to a lot of other salons, loyalty programs is the best way to attract new clients and keep they clients you have.

Latest posts

Back