Trendy Nail Wraps or Minx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

essentia

Reaction score
Are there any differences between NSI Trendy Nail Wraps and Minx apart from the fact they are from different suppliers. I notice TNW are shaped but I am under the impression that you have to shape Minx yourself??? Any info I would be grateful.:)

Minx are also shaped, but as everybodys nail shape is different there are times when you will have to cut some to fit.
Minx is far more superior product and alot better!
If you chose to go for trendy nail wraps then dont advertise them as minx! As minx clients know the designs, so you will end up getting a call from someone after pink cheatah for example!
I had a girl ask me to a minx design I had never heard of, got the minx book out and couldnt find it anywhere. Asked her what it looked like and she sent me a pic on her phone of when she had it done last. Turned out it was trendy nail wraps but the girl who done it advertised it as minx! Very naughty of her using the minx name but using a cheaper product instead on the clients.

Hi, I haven't used Minx before but I have heard only good things about them.
I've just started using TNW and so far i'm very impressed. I'm trialling them on me and my sister to see how long they last as we are both sporty people and if they last on our toes they'll last on anyones (my sister boxes and i play netball). After numerous training sessions, matches and showers they are still looking as good as ever......it's been two weeks now. My friend had hers on over a month and only took them off because she fancied a change.
Hope that helps :) xx

I think it depends what you plan to use them for. I use trendy wraps and havent tried Minx yet. I've never felt the need to pass them off as Minx and i've never been asked for Minx!! Although my area seems very uninformed about the range of nail treatments available.

I think Minx are probably much better for what they were designed for, natural nail coverage, they look classy and beautiful on.

TrendyWraps do the procut which i use alot to go under L&P and that is what i seemed to do most of as its a longer lasting option.

Why not try a design or two of each? Its not too expensive to test out and you can choose which ones you prefer yourself, you might find you like both and use both! xxxxx

Thanks for your replies. I have ordered some Minx and will also try some Trendy nail wraps. I know what you mean MissOwen regarding knowledge of local nail services! I just want to offer something a bit different.:)

I have tried both very recently and Minx win hands down for me, although Trendy nail wraps are a bit cheaper the Minx look much better on (imo) and have the quality name that some clients (although most people round here have never heard of them!) are familiar with, personally i think the name "trendy nail wraps" sounds cheap - sorry to the tnw lovers!but to advertise that just sounds rubbish to me!

I agree with claire. I have tried both, and also another, and MINX if by far the best product for workability and Finish. Clients ask for the product by name and i'm sure they wouldn't be happy to find they were given a cheaper imitation, which they could have purchased and applied themselves. Minx is only supplied to professional which IMO makes them more desireable aswell, That and the fact of the vast number of A list celebs who wear them.

i have tried both and really couldnt get away with the trendy nail wraps i found them to thick and that they didnt mould to the nails as well so its defo minx for me but i think its a matter of personal preferance! x

I agree with most of the posts here!

I have used both and the quality of the TNW's is poor compared to the minx!

Minx are so much nicer to apply and do give a better end result.

In regards to the 'shaping' I think you mean the 'pro cut' tnw's?? (For tips only) if you do then you are correct, minx dont do these but its not hard to take a pair of scissors to them! :)

I find the tnw's have a ridge around the outside edge ( almost a thicker area) I find that if you cut this off before you apply them they give a better finish and seem to last longer
xx

I have used both and where MINX will stay on EVERY client's nails I have done, the TNW have lifted off a few but stayed on the majority.

For me, it's worth it to carry the TNW around to give a bit more choice for doing them under acrylics as a tip but I avoid doing them on toes as it's not worth my time having to possibly go back 2 days later to re-apply a couple or even a full set that are peeling.

Can I just ask, we have gone with TNW because of the initial cost. When we looked into doing Minx I was told its £170 start up fee (including the lamp) but with TNW it was only £30 for a trial set with the mini hairdryer and 2 sheets. Am I missing something? Can you just buy minx and use a normal UV lamp and away you go? I did originally want Minx but was put off by this.

Thanks

I had a girl ask me to a minx design I had never heard of, got the minx book out and couldnt find it anywhere. Asked her what it looked like and she sent me a pic on her phone of when she had it done last. Turned out it was trendy nail wraps but the girl who done it advertised it as minx! Very naughty of her using the minx name but using a cheaper product instead on the clients.

This is happening in my area. and to be honest the TNW don't look as good a quality as the MINX

Minx is applied with heat nothing to do with UV, I think you will find that the initial cost would have included a real heat lamp, a number of Minx sets and minx file, Doesn't anyone find that a hairdryer flaps the Minx/wrap around too much and means you cant use two hands to apply the Minx/wrap!!

Minx is applied with heat nothing to do with UV, I think you will find that the initial cost would have included a real heat lamp, a number of Minx sets and minx file, Doesn't anyone find that a hairdryer flaps the Minx/wrap around too much and means you cant use two hands to apply the Minx/wrap!!

I have not used a hairdryer as have the lamp, but i would imagine its a nightmare, I would have them stuck to my face, arm, leg everywhere but on my client! haha x

Not to mention the minute it has flapped together and wasted your last size 4 or 5!!

Latest posts

Back