Trendy Nails Unlimited Nail wraps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they've arrived today. I.ll put them on at the weekend and let you know. Not impressed so far though. They aren't very professional looking. We'll see x x
Posted via Mobile Device

Actually, Avon came out with similar about 3 or so years ago before Minx existed. Then covergirl (or was it maybeline or revlon?) had them next.

Minx may have been the first to sell professionally, but I'm not sure (note "not sure") they were first to 'invent' this type of product.

And I'm not sure that I understand all this fuss about "brand loyalty".

Just as it is every consumers right to shop for the best price that fits their budget, and or product that specifically meets their needs; why wouldn't the same apply to nail techs?
Nobody 'owns' us. We are not property. And we certainly do not 'owe' anyone loyalty. Zellers doesn't stamp it's foot and cry about loyalty when Walmart sells toilet paper cheaper and everyone trots over to Walmart.

I can't very well trot over to a former client's house and say "Hey, where's my loyalty?!". So why are distributor's screaming about loyalty?
This is not the first time I've heard the word "loyalty" in these forums, in reference to product brand. I honestly don't feel it has a place here.

If a tech wants repeat custom from a client; they'll meet that client's specific needs. But it's not possible for a perfect fit every time. Everyone's different. Variety makes the spice of life and all that.....

Same applies to distributors and nail techs. It's not a perfect fit everytime. It's not personal. It's business and nobody owes anyone anything.

Nobody OWNS my custom and nobody OWNS my loyalty.
You can earn it, and lose it. But you will never own it.

NOW as for consistency... of course I want to stick with a product that delivers and delivers consistantly. And I love what I currently use and don't imagine changing soon.
HOWEVER... if something came out that was equal and met my needs just as well, or better BUT cost less... what do you think I'd do???

Common sense.... save my pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.

Well said vhunter! totally agree with you and i also bought a product 6 years ago very similar to both these not saying it was as good quality but it existed.

You'd be surprised how many people are converting :p

:irked: I agree with Mr Geek on this one, you have posted twice nothing of much info, then tell us "You'd be suprised how many people are converting" well yes I would be actually?!

Do you really think with a statment like that we are going to run to trendy nails on your word alone? you must be crazy

I'll wait and see what others have to say about the product first and weather it stands the test of time. Minx has put all the hard work in, just fo you to come along and copy it and say people are converting..converting to what excatly..the same type of product!

Some times it's better the devil you know, than the devil you don't!:eek:

Its the hair dryer bit that makes me LOL. Oh how professional.....

Some of you people are so childish, its like hearing my kids whining that one took the ball off the other "but i had it first!" wah wah
harden up people, where would we be without a bit of competition hey?
Massively expensive power bills, phone bills, food costs etc.... (well more expensive than they are now)

People have the right to choose for themselves, you do NOT have the right to take those choices from them. It's a fantastic thing to have more ranges to choose from.

I personally don't use either brand. What does it matter if they're using a hairdryer? does that mean when you go to the hairdressers that you're not getting a good service if the hairdresser doesn't use the full head dryers? as opposed to a handheld dryer?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but why push them onto people in such an aggressive childish manner!

It matters that they are using hairdryers on nails..... So yeah I think it matters. I would think twice about professionsalism if a nail tech got a hair dryer out on my nails. as for hair dressers using them and not full head ones, no it doesnt mean they are unprofressional as they are hair dryers, right!? Many hair dressers use them when they are styling. I agree that its everyones choice what and who they want to use. And just like you have had your opinion I have had mine. End of the day people will use who they and thats great. But ill be sticking with CND Minx, that is just my opinion.

How offensive to call people on this site childish!!

The point about forums is to give opinions and this is exactly what is happening

And speaking of aggressive and childish manners......maybe you should read your own post:rolleyes:

Its the hair dryer bit that makes me LOL. Oh how professional.....

playing devils advocate, hairdryers were also recomended on this site to use in conjunction with minx for a while until the distributors sourced a lamp.

possibly the point is that its something you can offer without the need to invest further in equipment especially if you are wanting to test the market.

just trying to calm things down because i think its a very interesting thread.

playing devils advocate, hairdryers were also recomended on this site to use in conjunction with minx for a while until the distributors sourced a lamp.

possibly the point is that its something you can offer without the need to invest further in equipment especially if you are wanting to test the market.

just trying to calm things down because i think its a very interesting thread.

Of course there is nothing wrong or unprofessional about using a hairdryer and I think Susan makes some good points here.

For YEARS I used a tiny Babyliss HD on my clients' nails after they had washed, to dry the nails thoroughly before application of nail products ... it worked brilliantly for me and the salons 8 other full-time technicians and each desk had one hanging on the side for use.

I do wish people would not throw the word professional around so freely or make silly comments about what is and what is not supposedly professional. If one thinks it looks weird to use a HD in the nail salon then that is ones opinion but in no way is it unprofessional.

As far as using a HD with Minx or any other nail veneer, it should in my opinion, be viewed as more of a temporary measure until a more permanent heat source can be purchased, as it does turn out to be quite time consuming and impractical to use a HD on every individual nail.

And as for choices, of course choices are a good thing and I don't hear anyone whining or winging about it. No one here is afraid of competition! My lord, after 25 years leading the industry in the UK, competition is the last thing that would worry me personally.

Minx has the name, Minx has the rep and Minx rocks. Price difference is nil and clients are asking for Minx so my question is simply ... Why ?? But if one feels the need then go for it :lol:

AH ok I stand corrected on the hair dryer thingy, no idea it was used before the minx lamp came out. Been away from nails for a while. But even so IMO id still rather have the lamp than HD. Although I can understand the cost of the lamp is expensive when trying these things out and starting up. See I was comparing these to minx in my mind and found it, hmm for want of a better word 'weird' I guess to use a HD instead of a lamp. I hope I didnt offend anyone who does use a HD to apply these, I am sorry if I did.:hug:

TNU can be used with either a hair-dryer or lamp. Many Nail techs use lamps because they are hands free.

We just give techs the option to choose so you dont have to spend the $$ on a heat lamp before you have tested the product.

i am really sorry i asked the question now. so many angry people and responses!!! Thats MY OPINION so please dont shout at me!!

I use both minx and Tredny nail wraps now and i use my lamp to apply both!! I have had no problems with either and both last as long as the other!!

I like the designs from both companies and THAT is the only reason I use both!!

I also use a hair dryer on nails , its for when i put nails in foil and the room is freezing. I think there is no reason why we cant use both. If the product is similar quality to minx which i can not comment on as ive not tried the wraps only minx which is a lush product in my opinion then i would use them both more choice of design for the client etc! After all it is all about the clients needs they will be choosing the design. One thing i would want to know is that the new product wouldnt be available to the general public because if it is then i wouldnt buy it because any one could read what its called google it and buy and apply it them selves. Just my opinion guys x x x
Posted via Mobile Device

I got these from the show in Manchester in october. I was originally looking for minx but as they wasnt there I decided to try these. I cant compare them to minx as iv never tried them but these work really well and last for weeks and weeks. They also say that a heating lamp isnt neccessary and you can just use a travel hairdryer which means a smaller outlay.

If you find their contact details and prices please personal message me them I would love to get some more

when i was at gmex this month i bought some nail wraps from a company called trendy nails unlimited (TNU) anyway i know they are similar to minx but i used then for the first time last night and now i love them but cannot find anywhere that sells them. i only got 2 designs :cry:
does anyone know where these can be bought?
thanks

Hi, I buy my Trendy Nail Wraps on their website....Welcome. Absolutely love them and so do my clients!!I think that theyre great value for money! :)

i saw the trendy nail wraps at excel....i didnt have time to stop and look at them closely so cant comment on them.
Surely though if minx have a patent pending they have to be different in some way.
I dont think the ladies at minx will be too worried about the competition.....after all beyonce, rhianna and lady gaga are all wearing minx which i think speaks volumes for them.

I'm hoping to add an independant opinion as I do not use either of these products!

I think Minx have created a massive buzz with HUGE celebrities such as Beyonce and Fergie endorsing the product. A lot of people will have heard the name Minx and therefore want to ask for it in salons. I'm not sure I would be comfortable offering a client a 'cheaper' alternative if they specifically ask for Minx.

As for the HD thing. Flippin use it till you can afford (or want) an expensive lamp!

An opinion from someone who uses minx and trendy, there is very little difference, Ie found minx better on a natural nail and trendy better on an enhancement!! Especially as using the trendy on the tip the gel topcoat makes them look fab!!

But we've been doing minx for ages and wont stop as the celeb endorsements makes clients want them!! We use a hairdryer on both systems always have done and always will do, dont see the point spending the money on a lamp when a hairdryer does the same job!!

As for jumping ship, I definately dont think that enhacing my service I provide to clients can be seen as jumping ship, trendy provide designs that minx dont and vice versa! Im a CND girl and always will be as they are the best they do however have down falls despite their market leading products arent we all excited about the hybrid nail polish, when minx was launched competition was bound to follow just as im sure it happened when "acrylic nails" were first launched!!!

Each to their own but dont be cynical to try new things!!!! xxx

I've never used Minx and i'm wanting to try it out but i've not been in business long and money it tight, does a HD really work??? x:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back