Trendy Nails Unlimited Nail wraps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used both products as well and like them both, the only thing that bothers me about TNW is that they are not exclusive to qualified professionals, anybody can go onto their website and order without producing qualification details, i personally find this a big threat to business.

I have used both products as well and like them both, the only thing that bothers me about TNW is that they are not exclusive to qualified professionals, anybody can go onto their website and order without producing qualification details, i personally find this a big threat to business.

I totally agree. Thats my only downer on TNW. x

Some might say that pharmacies are a threat to business for selling nail products to anyone that walks in.

Truth is... without training, MOST will be rubbish at it and no threat at all.

I wouldn't worry about that.

Worry about getting best results for your dollar

<<hugs>>

Some might say that pharmacies are a threat to business for selling nail products to anyone that walks in.

Truth is... without training, MOST will be rubbish at it and no threat at all.

I wouldn't worry about that.

Worry about getting best results for your dollar

<<hugs>>

I see you point but nail wraps are not really hard to do and if a client can get it elsewhere over half the price cheaper to what a therapist charges then they will. I cant see half them being concerned that they dont last as long as a proff application as they can just put on a new set and change the design...win win!!! I personally do find it a problem! :sad: and think TNW should consider doing something about it.

I see you point but nail wraps are not really hard to do and if a client can get it elsewhere over half the price cheaper to what a therapist charges then they will. I cant see half them being concerned that they dont last as long as a proff application as they can just put on a new set and change the design...win win!!! I personally do find it a problem! :sad: and think TNW should consider doing something about it.

I understand what you're saying.
But, I have clients that come for natural manicures and pedicures.
They COULD do it themselves.. if they didn't mind bending in half and didn't have shakey hands.
AND some WILL be concerned with getting the most out of them and having them last long.

There will always be those that DIY's. And then there's the rest that simply can't OR just can't be bothered.

Also, why does the client need to know what brand you are using?

I agree with Victoria, there are hundreds of thousands of women who paint their own nails and it does not effect our businesses.

You can buy eyelashes, self tan, nail polish and a host of other products in local pharmacies and department stores and there is still a lot of business for us. Clients do not have the skill or the patience to carry out treatments themselves and it would be unlikely that they would prep the natural nails well enough for the wraps to stay put. :D

I understand what you're saying.
But, I have clients that come for natural manicures and pedicures.
They COULD do it themselves.. if they didn't mind bending in half and didn't have shakey hands.
AND some WILL be concerned with getting the most out of them and having them last long.

There will always be those that DIY's. And then there's the rest that simply can't OR just can't be bothered.

Also, why does the client need to know what brand you are using?

Yes I know there are clients that COULD and COULDN'T and WILL and WON'T etc.....I am just voicing my concern with this particular product that's all! I don't want to get into a debate, I am fully aware that clients can try the D.I.Y method with all professional treatments and don't usually get the same results. Clients do not need to know the brand I am using, I am in the process of getting some small photo albums maybe to display the wraps in - However I will have to market them as nail wraps and the Minx as Minx obviously. Some of my clients are fairly nosy and ask a lot of questions with regards to price and where I purchase my products, naturally I do not divulge this, however I like the fact that with Minx you can advise them to choose the design of their choice from the website and then I can go and purchase it and I am unable to do the with trendy. I am not in a good enough financial position at the moment to go and purchase all the designs outright.

Thanks for your response tho x

4733477895_32fc0b89b1_b.jpg

Here is day one of my road test of the two products :) as i mention before.( but as you can see I did not use my thumbs )

Has anyone actually tested theses product to see which one lasts longest?
I have access to both products so the only fair way to "test" both products is to apply 1 minx to my thumb on one hand and 1 minx to my 1st finger on my other hand then the opposite with Trendy Nail Wraps.
Then I will take daily photos to show how the product is lasting.
I cannot start this road test till the 20th when I get back off my hoildays (there is no chance I am going away with odd nails!) .

Also I may not be as "classy" as some users but I find both products have hit and miss designs, but I have learnt that the best (and most profitable) designs are the ones that the customer chooses(no matter which one they want).

There are also many other things that aggravate me about the previous post but rather than be petty I will let the products speak for themselves.
I will be back on the 20th with photos of Day 1

4742967985_1141673276.jpg

Day 2 all designs are holding up well except the pink minx which seems to have lifted a little bit on the edge.

4743602536_cd8a079300.jpg

Day 3
All designs doing well no change from yesterday :D

4743602536_cd8a079300.jpg

Day 3
All designs doing well no change from yesterday :D

They are all still looking good. Are you trying to keep them on for a certain time or just until they come off? Nice that someone is testing them to see how well they hold up :D

With all the comments about selling to the public Minx and OPI teamed up and are selling the foil wraps in Sephora a retail cosmetic store here in the US not professional only. If you like both company's products then why not use both we mix and match our other product lines whats the difference?

With all the comments about selling to the public Minx and OPI teamed up and are selling the foil wraps in Sephora a retail cosmetic store here in the US not professional only. If you like both company's products then why not use both we mix and match our other product lines whats the difference?

The opi wraps sold in Sephora are not at all the same as MINX VENEERS even though the two companies have collaborated to produce them. Different material made only for the public and they don't last more than a few days. Not the same at all as Minx.

As far as the nails done in the picture above .. I see kinks in the wraps all around the eponychium line of both the middle fingers so I don't hold out much hope of either of them lasting for very long when applied like this.

To be fair, the Sephora Minx is a very small selection of (questionable) designs, each sheet contains half as much product as a professional sheet and they retail at about twice what professionals pay (thats 4x COG). The Sephora Minx is designed to increase consumer recognition of the brand which in turn drives more business to the salon. Thats a very different approach to TNU - Your customers can buy TNW direct from TNU for the same price you are. To me, that is sort of like going to a supermarket to stock up on Avon for your Salon backbar (but hey, thats just me).

RE The "test" above: I too am not going to hold my breath on the side by side comparison above seeing as the person doing the comparison sells Trendy Nail Wraps and not Minx.

All things considered I think its time we lock down this thread as there is a lot of underhanded manipulation going on (really since really page 1). I can't keep turning a blind eye to that manipulation in the interest of trying to provide a balanced site. It just isn't right.

nJoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back