Trendy Wraps & Minx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarnygirl1

Reaction score
Hi

Could someone please tell me where i can buy trendy wraps from??

Also apart from designs, are they both the same or as Minx is the latest, is Minx better

Any info will help as im wanting to do a Minx Course soon through Sweet Squared but just heard also about Trendy Wraps.

Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Minx began it all!!, and they give a much more professional finish, they are thinner as trendy wraps are thick....and that just looks and feels odd!
I also believe the designs of Minx are more dazzling and basically more bloody brilliant!!!
Aaaaaaaand.......all the stars wear Minx....they dont wear trendys.!!

Hope my advise isnt tooooo biased!!!haha!!

Peas x

just thought id reply for the other side trendy nail wraps lol minx probably are thinner and easier to apply but i dont really like their designs bar 3 i love loads of the trendy nail wrap designs and there is loads to chose from. also they come two types one for your whole nail and one for just tips which is what i mostly use.

so now youve heard both sides. its one of those things people like different things.

hope this helps x

Hi there! You can get these from www.thebeautypartnership.co.uk or www.trendynailwraps.co.uk
I have tried both and I do not think the trendy nail wraps are too thick, and I prefer the choice of designs! Each to there own, I would try out both and maybe offer both as I find them both great!!!
I recently attended training with Zoe pocock and she said she does a lot of trendy nail wraps on celebrities too for music videos ect. Xx

Hi

Could someone please tell me where i can buy trendy wraps from??

Also apart from designs, are they both the same or as Minx is the latest, is Minx better

Any info will help as im wanting to do a Minx Course soon through sugarsquared but just heard also about Trendy Wraps.

Many thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
hey do you think it would be good to invest in both systems? xx

Hey, I offer both! Love Minx it is lovely for feet and hands but doesn't last long enough on fingers so I suggest to clients to set it in acrylic.
When it comes to TNW they are already pre-cut for tips which is perfect coz I have tried to do this with Minx to match the toe design but it never looks perfect enough when i finish so I prefer TNW to set in acrylic for fingers because of this reason.
They have loads of designs so I can always find one to match the minx I am applying on feet. Minx is a better product in my opinion but until they bring out pro cut designs I will use TNW for fingers. HTH.
xx:lol:

Hey, I offer both! Love Minx it is lovely for feet and hands but doesn't last long enough on fingers so I suggest to clients to set it in acrylic.
When it comes to TNW they are already pre-cut for tips which is perfect coz I have tried to do this with Minx to match the toe design but it never looks perfect enough when i finish so I prefer TNW to set in acrylic for fingers because of this reason.
They have loads of designs so I can always find one to match the minx I am applying on feet. Minx is a better product in my opinion but until they bring out pro cut designs I will use TNW for fingers. HTH.
xx:lol:

When you set the minx In the acrylic what do you do? I'm doing a minx course on Monday x

I prefer to set the TNW in acrylic and apply Minx over toes.
I have set minx over the fingers by cutting it and applying over tips (prep nail, apply tip, cover tip with Minx cut to shape then cover with clear acrylic. But it takes so long to cut to shape I prefer to do TNW on fingers which are already pre-cut. In my picture I have minx over my whole nail set in acrylic but I removed them after afew days so not sure how long they would last. I have read on here you can do it but you must remove shine from Minx prior to application of L+P. Good luck with your Minx course, You will love it! hth

I prefer to set the TNW in acrylic and apply Minx over toes.
I have set minx over the fingers by cutting it and applying over tips (prep nail, apply tip, cover tip with Minx cut to shape then cover with clear acrylic. But it takes so long to cut to shape I prefer to do TNW on fingers which are already pre-cut. In my picture I have minx over my whole nail set in acrylic but I removed them after afew days so not sure how long they would last. I have read on here you can do it but you must remove shine from Minx prior to application of L+P. Good luck with your Minx course, You will love it! hth

Here is a tip I have given many many nail techs who want to cut Minx into smiles for doing just the French tips.. it is so easy and accurate and quick.

You know forms for sculpting?? Just place the centre bit of the form (you know the bit you normally pop out and discard) and place over the Minx. One end of the centre bit is round and one end is more extreme .. use the end you like best for the client) then just cut round, folowing the shape of the form ... then peel it off and mone it up and cut another and so on. Most Minx will make at least 4 french tips ... much more economical than buying pre-done French tips and completely accurate ... so simple & easy and obvious, I'm surprised a million others have not thought of it themselves!!

Here is a tip I have given many many nail techs who want to cut Minx into smiles for doing just the French tips.. it is so easy and accurate and quick.

You know forms for sculpting?? Just place the centre bit of the form (you know the bit you normally pop out and discard) and place over the Minx. One end of the centre bit is round and one end is more extreme .. use the end you like best for the client) then just cut round, folowing the shape of the form ... then peel it off and mone it up and cut another and so on. Most Minx will make at least 4 french tips ... much more economical than buying pre-done French tips and completely accurate ... so simple & easy and obvious, I'm surprised a million others have not thought of it themselves!!
Ooh, good idea, thanks for the tip, will try that and see how it goes!
Thanks once again x

we offer both in the salon, they are both very popular, i myself have been wearing curly q ones by trendy nail wraps for 3 weeks now and i love them.

I love both systems to be honest but the thing i love the most is that trendy nail wraps have made both ends rounded.........bonus!!!

tigi xxx

Minx last, I wore my timberlands, uggs, wellies, etc last winter and minx stayd on,,trndy nail wraps never lasted more than few days when I tried em out on same .

Minx are thinner and last longer not my opinion but a majority opinion, they are not much more expensive than other nail wraps.

Lets face it,,if there not called minx,,,then there not minx,,lol. Lots of people saying ohhh I do minx, and they are not there blink or whatever.

I would also stress that just because you use minx does not automatically mean your minx will be great, it also down to the application technique. It makes me laugh when I see salons saying,,we do creative nails, like that makes them great, iygwim, yes great products, but what about the tech???? xxx

It makes me laugh when I see salons saying,,we do creative nails, like that makes them great, iygwim, yes great products, but what about the tech???? xxx[/QUOTE]

haha sorry to hijack this thead! katie i had a woman com into my shop an ask do i do them 'creative nails' she thought thats what l&p nails where called :lol:

THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE FOR THE GREAT ADVICE

what i will do now is try both and play about and then see what i prefer but also what the clients do for the most as well, it looks trial and error as quite a mixed feedback.

Im waiting on getting an account with Sweet Squared so will do the MINX course and go from there.

I do really like the designs more with Trendy so will offer both.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back