Trendy wraps!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holliex

Reaction score
Im trained in minx but thought id give the trendy wraps a go after looking in Sally's today. Just finished a set on my mom and they were terrible to work with! I'd never do them on a client and ask them for money! They were so thick compared to minx and applying them was so awkward I had loads of bumps on the big toenail! I heated it up again and luckily it flattened out a bit better. Iv also just seen in the Sally's training prospectus a course for trendy wraps - its £65! I wouldn't waste my money lol. Anyone else used these? X

I use them and I think they are not too bad on toes. Put them on last Monday and one lifted today but it was my tiny weird shaped little toe nail that I actually had stuck it to the skin so it was alot longer than I expected.

I have never had minx so I cannot compare but trendy wraps are fine for me and I will be offering them but for toes only as they are too thick for fingers IMO.

I use them and I think they are not too bad on toes. Put them on last Monday and one lifted today but it was my tiny weird shaped little toe nail that I actually had stuck it to the skin so it was alot longer than I expected.

I have never had minx so I cannot compare but trendy wraps are fine for me and I will be offering them but for toes only as they are too thick for fingers IMO.

The big toenail was the worst it was so bumpy! Do you mind me asking how much your going to charge? I'm just having another go on myself! X

My friend got me some Trendy for my birthday last year and they were awful. Like you say, very thick and no where near as easy to work with as Minx. Much prefer the real deal :wink2:

Im trained in minx but thought id give the trendy wraps a go after looking in Sally's today. Just finished a set on my mom and they were terrible to work with! I'd never do them on a client and ask them for money! They were so thick compared to minx and applying them was so awkward I had loads of bumps on the big toenail! I heated it up again and luckily it flattened out a bit better. Iv also just seen in the Sally's training prospectus a course for trendy wraps - its £65! I wouldn't waste my money lol. Anyone else used these? X

I don't like them, I used them on myself on my toes and they peeled off within days! I have just ordered some Kooky Wraps, so will see how I get on with these and then may think about offering them. If I do I will probably charge between £15/20 :D x

Iv just done these on myself. Look how bumpy the big toenail is. It's nearly impossible to get them smooth with how thick they are!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339690575.273449.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339690575.273449.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 195
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339690592.245139.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339690592.245139.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 170
The big toenail was the worst it was so bumpy! Do you mind me asking how much your going to charge? I'm just having another go on myself! X

I've not worked out my margins and overheads yet but I was thinking around the £18 mark.

I actually liked them lol. I used them on myself and my mum. Mine were really smooth and lasted ages. I found you need to smooth them out starting at the bottom and file the end then cap it with clear nail vanish.

Tbh these shouldn't be used on clients. They are more of a DIY job, but for £5 I thought they did the job lol. Can't complain x

Has anyone tried the Myleene Klass nail wraps? they sell them in my local asda.

I actually liked them lol. I used them on myself and my mum. Mine were really smooth and lasted ages. I found you need to smooth them out starting at the bottom and file the end then cap it with clear nail vanish.

Tbh these shouldn't be used on clients. They are more of a DIY job, but for £5 I thought they did the job lol. Can't complain x

Iv used them on my mom to. She liked them just can't believe how thick they are! X

I use Trendy, and my client wanted them on her toenails.. they lasted 2 to 3 weeks np on her toes.

Here are my Clients Trendy Toes
423593_339700299399627_828329141_n.jpg

Another client had Her fingers in the same ones. Lasting 12 days
418411_339700319399625_90245067_n.jpg

I use Trendy, and my client wanted them on her toenails.. they lasted 2 to 3 weeks np on her toes.

Here are my Clients Trendy Toes
423593_339700299399627_828329141_n.jpg

Another client had Her fingers in the same ones. Lasting 12 days
418411_339700319399625_90245067_n.jpg

Yours look really good! Don't you find them hard to work with? X

Has anyone tried the Myleene Klass nail wraps? they sell them in my local asda.

2 words - bl00dy awful!! Horrible horrible horrible things. Tried them once for a night out and they lasted about an hour before I took them off again.

Yours look really good! Don't you find them hard to work with? X

I agree, that they can be tricky and yes, they are thick.. which causes easy creasing. But pull them back up and reheat and smooth back down.

I always start from top centre giving a good press down and then push outwards on both sides, and then downwards. This prevents creasing and bubbling.

I agree, that they can be tricky and yes, they are thick.. which causes easy creasing. But pull them back up and reheat and smooth back down.

I always start from top centre giving a good press down and then push outwards on both sides, and then downwards. This prevents creasing and bubbling.

I did get them quite smooth in the end they don't look to bad. X

ive done quite a few and done just the tips, i quite like them but then again never used minx so.... xxx ive got some on now been on for 3 weeks ive lost one and thats off my little tow that has line NO nail lol

401692_10151001907393973_1765702162_n.jpg

295072_10151001906723973_1041777467_n.jpg

ive done quite a few and done just the tips, i quite like them but then again never used minx so.... xxx ive got some on now been on for 3 weeks ive lost one and thats off my little tow that has line NO nail lol

401692_10151001907393973_1765702162_n.jpg

295072_10151001906723973_1041777467_n.jpg

These look nice. They have stayed on well! How long did they last on your hands? X

Latest posts

Back