trial kits or samples

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
stanleyann said:
i know there are thousands out there that dont think it is necessary to train at all and just go out and do a bad job, they are the ones who give the real professionals a bad name :x
stanleyann

No ... they are the ones who give themselves a bad name.

A bad hairdresser (and god knows there are plenty of them) does not give all other hairdressers a bad name.

It is up to the public to find (usually by recommendation) the best person to do their service. There will always be good and bad in all professions.

yeah i suppose thats true geeg...i never saw it like that....and as for all those bad hairdressers, well i think i've been to them all...lol :p

i've had one bad hair day too many

stanleyann

kagsy said:
Hi everyone,
I have learned loads from this posting. I purchased two ess training kits, sculptured nails & airbrushing. Thay should explain that the primer is for use on the nail trainer only! No wonder my nails are lifting.

Hi there, I too have learnt a lot from this posting but was some what confused that you did not realise that the nail primer/adhesive supplied with the course could be used on human nails! It does actually state that it CAN'T be used on human nails! :?

But aside that i do agree that en is a half decent course for people like myself (a working mother). But definately agree that a hands on course like creative should follow! I don't believe that you be the best without the knowledge and help of a 'professional' that can literally show you where you maybe going wrong etc.... So I need to save some pennies!!!! :D

Kerrylisa xxxxx

Hi
Maybe I missed the bit about the primer, not to be used on natrual nails, I was so excited when I got the course, I could not wait to get my brush into that L&P. Just for ref were about does it say this? I too have got to save my pennies and I need to do another 3 months of working in the industry before I can go on the Creative conversion course. I do BIO Sculptur Gel nails at present and think they are fantastic,but they are not for everyone so I need to widen my portfolio and offer quality acrylic as well.
Thanks
Karen

Hi Karen

It does say in the essential nails book (how to create great nails) on page 77 onwards ( know your products) that it is for use only with the nail trainer, I cant see at a first glance about the glue but I know that it does state somewhere (even on the bottle?) that you should only use them on the nail trainer. I have since disposed of my containers so can't look on them.

I hope this clears that up :D And good luck to the future :D

Kerrylisa

Hi Kerrylisa
I never got a book how to create great nails & I have just had a look at my bottle of primer which is an essential nails primer and it says nothing.
How long have you had your kit?
Karen

hi

I got my kit in march. What course are you doing, I am doing acrylic overlay. But I have just bought some oil from ebay and it is totally different to the one i got with my course! But both from essential :?

I'm doing Sculptured Nails. Maybe they have changed the products in the course? coz I only got mine a month ago. I think the course is ok but I'm begining to wish I had spent my £400.00 on a Creative begginers course.
Never mind I will keep practicing with my faithful hand trainer, and keep saving my pennies.
Best wishes
Karen

Yes i can understand what you are saying, I wish I knew about creative before I did EN, I'd never heard on them before i came here :oops:

But anyway we all have to start somewhere. I was gonna do the airbrush course but I think it would be a waist of money?? Let me know if it is.

Thanks

Kerrylisa

I think the airbrush course is better than the sculpting course and you getter better value for your money, the compressor ,the gun and the trainer are worth about £320.00 and the paints from Media are great. If anyone knows of any other good airbrush paints please let me know.
Ta very
Karen

I have just checked my bottle of adhesive from EN and it clearly states"For use on Nail Trainer only. Do not use on human nails".

Just thought I would clarify for you!!! :)

hi kagsy i order my airbrush paints from k-sa ra they are the same brand as the ones in the en airbrush kit their webside is www.netnails.net
you can by them all on line and they have next day delivery i think the paints we use are medea and thats what k-sa ra have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back