Tricks or tips on soaking off gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heidi R

Reaction score
Anyone have any tips or tricks on soaking offgel polish to make the process faster?

Anyone have any tips or tricks on soaking offgel polish to make the process faster?

Which method are you using currently?

cotton balls soaked in acetone wrapped with foil

I use gauze pads soaked in remover and fix them in position with the pro-tips clips.

The removal process varies a lot between brands - which one do you use?

Tiny cotton soaked in acetone and wrapped with foil. If the nails haven't been done by me, I gently file the topcoat off before soaking.

I use soak off trays because I find gauze dry out to quick. Since using the trays I get gel off so much quicker.

I use CND and OPI.

I use cnd at work and it is quick to get off! Buff the top coat and use a quarter or a cotton pad soaked in acetone and wrap round the nail ensuring you seal the end as well. Work from pinky on the right hand across to the left and then work across again with your metal pusher getting it all off. The only time it really takes longer is glitter

With cnd Shellac system you don't need to buff off the top coat, just soak. The time to soak varies according to which top coat you used. So it can vary between 5 and 15 mins.

What do you all do about new clients who arrive wearing mystery gels? I've become deep!y wary of this situation but as I'm still building my client base I don't want to turn them away.

Currently I'm efiling off as much as possible and then using foil wraps if I absolutely have to, but even the small amount remaining that needs soaking can be a nightmare. My thinking is to leave a thin layer on and work over it if it's in safe and sound condition and let it grow out. It seems the least destructive option as I'm also mindful that the natural nail underneath the gel has quite possibly been filed to within an inch of it's life already.

I'm not entirely comfortable about the method and often wonder if I'm missing a trick somewhere.

Latest posts

Back