Tricky leg wax client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathi44

Bliss
Reaction score
Advice please! I have a regular wax client (every 6-8 weeks) and I'm having major problems with her leg wax. She is extremely hairy, plus her hair is very thick & coarse. She is also a large lady. I have tried both warm (pot) wax and PhD honey / tea tree wax but the result is the same..... hair breaking, hair not coming out at all, patchy finish, and taking WAY too long to complete a full leg wax with bikini (over an hour !!) I am also getting through a ridiculous amount of wax (3 tubes of PhD!) I'm an experienced waxer but have never had this problem before. It's really frustrating & proving hard to get a good result for the client.
Another question.... when doing a full leg wax, if your client has excessively hairy buttocks (?!) do you simply stop at the top of the thigh or continue up the buttocks? What starts out as a full leg is threatening to turn into a Hollywood !
Any advice much appreciated.

Advice please! I have a regular wax client (every 6-8 weeks) and I'm having major problems with her leg wax. She is extremely hairy, plus her hair is very thick & coarse. She is also a large lady. I have tried both warm (pot) wax and PhD honey / tea tree wax but the result is the same..... hair breaking, hair not coming out at all, patchy finish, and taking WAY too long to complete a full leg wax with bikini (over an hour !!) I am also getting through a ridiculous amount of wax (3 tubes of PhD!) I'm an experienced waxer but have never had this problem before. It's really frustrating & proving hard to get a good result for the client.
Another question.... when doing a full leg wax, if your client has excessively hairy buttocks (?!) do you simply stop at the top of the thigh or continue up the buttocks? What starts out as a full leg is threatening to turn into a Hollywood !
Any advice much appreciated.
For a full leg I stop where the thigh meets cheeks (if that makes sense). You can ask her if she would like her cheeks done but chances are what we see and might bother us, doesn't necessarily bother the client.

For her waxing, have you tried having her come in at 4-5weeks instead? I think you have the breaking hair because its too long and this is causing the patchy finish and hair not coming out all the way. No matter how experienced the waxer you will get breakage of the hair is too long and coarse hair is a nightmare when it start breaking as it doesn't come out if it breaks too short.

I'd really suggest to her to come in every 4-5weeks, I think this would solve your problem. Otherwise there's not much else you can do as you can't change her coarse hair. I'd also go back to pot and spatula wax with her but thats just me. You'd be able to push the wax through the hair and get a better result something you can't do with roller wax.

Hope that helps!

Poor you!

I totally agree with comments above! I would use pot and spatula as well as I think you have more control.

I have clients with very hairy bottoms. I stop at the leg crease - the same if I'm doing a full leg and they don't want bikini. If it's covered by a regular pair of knickers, it's not part of a leg wax!
I also agree with @Jen889 in that it may not bother her in the slightest - or she may not be that aware of her hairiness, but I have said to people before "There's some hair here as well. Would you like it waxed?" If they say yes, I tell them we'll book more time next time and give them an idea of cost, so they don't think I'm doing it for fun!

Vic x

A full leg is just that a full leg so if she has hairy cheeks that's a whole other area at another cost I clearly explain on my price lists what will be waxed next to each description.

I have a client like yours who I actually loose money on! But she leaves it so long between each time! I would actually trim her leg hair down or bring her appt forward like the others say I completely agree it seems like the hair is either too long or your wax isn't at the right temperature which can also cause hairs snapping!

For a full leg, stop at the crews of the leg.........don't go onto her buttocks. Some clients will lay there saying nothing and let you wax everything apart from their head if you're doing it for nothing.

It sounds as though the wax isn't suitable. Have you tried using a pot and spatula? Ask her if she's shaving in between appointments.

And that's why I love this forum! Thank you All for the great advice (and moral support !)
It sounds like trying (!) to get her to book in for 4/5 weekly appointments is the way forward (although, like many ladies, she tries to push each appointment to the max) I will also go back to the pot & spatula.
Kim - I use Hive cool wax and PhD tea tree. Hopefully the Hive wax will be better for her with shorter growth to remove (and more cost effective!). It's fab on all my other clients. She definitely isn't shaving in between! ;)
As for the buttocks.... good advice from all ! :) Thanks again Cx

Latest posts

Back