Trimming hair for waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelancetrainer

Reaction score
[emoji112] hello.

Right, I know the importance of trimming excessively long hair especially in the pubic, back and chest area but where else would you trim?

I have ladies who have their full arms or forearms waxed and the hair is quite fine and soft. I notice some breakage and can only assume it’s due to the hairs being so fine and wispy. Would you trim this hair to try avoid breakage? It’s so fine and wispy that it can be difficult to see so trimming would need to be done carefully to avoid going too short accidentally. Would you or have you ever trimmed hair on the arms?

I have tried previously but it freaks some people out. Once I had such a full bushed client I had to get clippers out because it was like weaved and matted like a head of dreadlocks. The clippers even broke it was so bad.

But if you have some hard wax you can get round these issues on delicate areas where you can’t see the direction.

As for arms etc I wouldn’t bother but mention to them to keep on top of their waxing at least every 6 weeks (or 8 for arms unless very hairy as it doesn’t grow quickly). Explain it hurts more when it’s longer, so the first time will be a worse but once it’s done and they are coming back it won’t be anywhere near as bad.

Focus instead on your form, longer means needs stretching more and needs to be quicker as the hairs will tug a lot.

No I wouldn’t trim arm hair x

Latest posts

Back