Trip to London

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faybe

Reaction score
I'm planning a trip to London, just wondered if any one could recommend things I definitely need to do while I'm there! Want to go to Madame Tussaud's and Harry potter world but need some more suggestions
Thanks

The London dungeons are amazing! Been a few years since I've been but it was great x

I LOVE London dungeons but im obsessed with Halloween and stuff im going to harry potter world on Halloween cant waiiitt :) not sure what else there is to do tho :)

<3 Stephanie <3

Harry Potter World isn't in the centre of London. Are you driving? How old are? Just so I can recommend some age-related things to do. We do a long weekend every year. I can certainly recommend the cable car that takes you across the Thames from Greenwich. I would definitely recommend Greenwich too.

If you like to sit in the sun at the end of the day and wind down I would recommend Covent Garden.

We've been going for the last 8 years and still haven't run out of things to do. There's just too much. How long will you be there for?

See a west end show, go to Harrods, Fortnum & Mason, Hamleys etc. Tea at The Ritz, a leisure cruise on the Thames, the London Eye, go to Hyde Park, transport museum, art galleries. Visit China Town and you have to do Covent Garden for the street buskers. Done all these and loads more. You could get a thousand suggestions!

London Eye? Big Ben? Tower Bridge? Borough market? Completely depends on what you want to do and how much time you've got. Walk down some back streets, find some gems of bars/pubs/weird and wonderful things down there x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

We had a brilliant break there in April. I would say look at what's recommended within a short distance of your hotel. I think I spent more on taxis than anything else. (Mind you, I had some great conversations with the cabbies, and they are happy to point out places of interest to you on your journey.)

If you haven't booked trains/accommodation yet, I can absolutely recommend SuperBreak. They're brill! Always very reasonably prices and they include the train tickets in your booking. They also don't put you on a specific train so you can choose (there are certain restrictions).

As an example, we've booked for a Sat & Sun night in July to see a band, staying at Go Native near Regents park and our accommodation and return trains were about £180 each.

The cabinet war rooms is well worth a visit....really interesting :)

The British Museum and Highgate Cemetery are my favourites - not sure that's everyone's cup of tea though!!

Just find the shops !

Beauty at your finger tips!

Go to Camden market absolutely brilliant! Electric mix if people, music, food, clothes! Brilliant

Brick lane for some vintage shopping! Chessington world of adventures for fun (train from Waterloo to chessington south doesn't take long.) The south bank is amazing for a stroll and the London eye. The shard for the newness of the latest landmark.

My fiancé went to the Harry potter experience in January and said it was good but it is quite a long day. You have people touring you so you can't really whip round quick. He loved the butter beer there!

The Victoria and Albert museum is incredible. On the website you can see the current temporary exhibitions, which include Italian Fashion over the last 6 decades. It is a vast place, so plan your visit carefully.
Harrods is also within a few minutes walk from there, if it's to your taste.

Go to the ice cream parlour in Harrods, Knightsbridge, its fabulous. You've also got Harvey Nics up the road, Hyde Park just over a couple of roads and you can get the bus or walk to the three free museums from there- Science Museum being one of them.

I also love Covent Garden.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I could spend all day in Harrods! Love Covent garden, the Tate modern was good and the National gallery. I always try and get in a show as well, I normally go on the day to the theatre to see if they are selling seats off, you can get the best deals that way.

London zoo
The natural history museum
Westfields shopping centre (I like the one in shepherd's bush better than Stratford)
Definitely China town and do Leicester square, Piccadilly circus and covent garden while you're at it, they're all walking distance from each other.
Buckingham palace
Hyde park is a must
Oxford street
South bank
Theatres? Plenty in covent garden
Ooh go to the shard!! It looks amazing I haven't been yet :(

I love the Southbank and we base ourselves here every time we go now. You have to see a show in the evening, try going to the theatre's own box office the morning of the show you want to see to get cheap seats for that night.

The Shard looks amazing and well worth a visit too. There is always so much to do in London and some things we have found ourselves doing every time we go and other things we have been satisfied doing just the once.

You could look at Tripadvisor for reviews of the attractions.

Latest posts

Back