Trouble with base coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leylabelle

Reaction score
I seem to be having trouble with my base coat,after applying first coat and curing i then apply my colour but the colour starts to seperate? I tested a few of my nails and even after curing the base still feels oily and the paint especially darker colours look as though they are running,is this norm?

I seem to be having trouble with my base coat,after applying first coat and curing i then apply my colour but the colour starts to seperate? I tested a few of my nails and even after curing the base still feels oily and the paint especially darker colours look as though they are running,is this norm?

Sorry Hun, you are really not giving alot of information for anyone to help you with .

What product are you talking about?

What light are you using?

What other steps are you doing?

Are you trained in the product?

Where did you buy it from ?

Sounds to me as if you are using a system that needs to have the base layer brushed after curing, with a dry brush to remove some of the tacky layer before adding your colour. Not all gel systems need this step, but it sounds as if your does. Maybe you are also putting your base coat on too thickly? Most manufacturers advise thin coats to get the best results.

I'm using ibd just gel at the moment and using a 36w lamp,yes I am trained but Ive not been doing it long and am trying out different products!

Latest posts

Back