Trouble with Entity LED lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojjo_hair_nails

Reaction score
Okay so I'm old-school and have bein holding onto my uv lamp for the past forever

But I'm opening a salon now so said I'd upgrade to LED....

Went and bought 2 entity lamps last week.....so swapped over to LED suitable gel also....done a replacement nail (caught it in her car door) on a regular client and soon as she put her hand in the dreaded tightening burn happened...so I just presumed maybe this was due to her nail bed been damaged from the nail coming off.

So had a new client come then and said I'd try the new gel and new lamp...prepped and done everything as normal and then same as she put her hand in she was in shock with the tightening burning sensation as she described it....can anyone help as those lamps are expensive and now I really don't know what to do next?

Also just to add I previously borrowed a LED lamp off a friend and I found it worked fine and none of the dreaded burn. also only ever used a the CND led lamp where I was previously employed.

Do you mean a 'heat spike'? They're normal according to my OPI trainer. I got it with the OPI lamp and my cheaper lamp x

Is it perhaps due to the thickness of the gel polish creates the heat if you did thinner layers it may help.
I know for myself this works

Well yes I'm guessing that's what you may call it....we don't have a name on it here in Ireland lol.

This client was literally on the edge of her seat with it...which I just couldn't understand at all. As she never ever had gels done in her life and her nails were in v good condition. But then at yhe same time i taught she may over exagerate it as it was her first time....

Is it perhaps due to the thickness of the gel polish creates the heat if you did thinner layers it may help.
I know for myself this works
I did the first nail like normal...and then the second in 2 layers...both felt the same she said (just done them single because I didn't want her whole hand burning) ...i ended up doing the rest of her nails with the uv gel and lamp

And sorry nailpod it was a full set of gel nails.

So in the uv lamp she didn't have any burn but using led she did, and you used the same product for both applications (trying get facts right in my head). So I think led is much quicker hence can come as a burn by if she has very sensitive nails or maybe you did a soak off prior to application I think can effect it.

Or was it only when doing the clear ? Topcoat for instance .

So in the uv lamp she didn't have any burn but using led she did, and you used the same product for both applications (trying get facts right in my head). So I think led is much quicker hence can come as a burn by if she has very sensitive nails or maybe you did a soak off prior to application I think can effect it.
Okay so I'm using a specific LED gel for the LED lamp and then the same brand but specific UV gel For the UV lamp. As they won't cure each other.

Prepped, tipped all the nails the same...applied base gel to All nails and cured them...applied the gel to her baby finger and placed in the lamp...and she nearly lifted off the seat she said the sensation was like a burning sensation, so then with the 2 nd nail i built the gel up in layers...but she said it still felt the same....so I swapped to the UV gel and UV lamp and not a bother on her.

I just explained that the LED lamp cures the nails faster and that was why it felt like that with the first 2 it was just the gel tightening on her nail.

I believe it's because it cures it faster. The trainer said by the time you realise it hurts, it's gone. But as it really hurt her, I'd say she's not got a high pain threshold or she has sensitive nails.
Have you it on yourself? Maybe stick to UV for her xx

I believe it's because it cures it faster. The trainer said by the time you realise it hurts, it's gone. But as it really hurt her, I'd say she's not got a high pain threshold or she has sensitive nails.
Have you it on yourself? Maybe stick to UV for her xx

Yes that's what i explained to her but I had to swap to UV as she literally went red in the face lol.

I knew the LED cured faster and have had this happen sometimes even with UV if the nail bed was slightly damaged. But I just hope after getting the two lamps it's not like that with everyone. Was hoping someone on here may have used the entity lamps and maybe point me in the right direction.

I'm going to do a set on myself maybe later today once I'm free and see how I go. And Il try it on some of my friends and family that won't mind a bit of pain (hopefully there won't be any lol).

I must also add that after years of doing nails I sometimes get very red and flushes while doing client's nails in the led lamp so even though it's facing the client I think due to exposure over the years it builds up and we don't realise what effect it's having on us. I prefer uv it hasn't ever given me trouble by it does take slightly longer but never burns client or makes me flush.

Latest posts

Back