Trouble With Nsi Attraction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NaNa S

Reaction score
Hi guys...

Im a bit disappointed... I got the attraction and i was testing it on plastic tips. The problem? MILLLIONS OF BUBBLES!!!especially the clear one that i use all the time... I never had problems with bubbles before so its really surpising to me :(
First i'll explain what i did so u can draw your conclusions:
I was making sure i was releasing all the bubbles from my brush when dipping in monomer and i wippe 2ice on my dappen dish, then dipped the flag of my brush for about 2 seconds in the powder and lifted and watched the bead: It had a rough surface and lots of dry parts all over and it takes more than 3 seconds to absorb the liquid. So i placed it on the tip, and a nice pearl-like ball was formed (so far so good i thought) but the problem starts when i start patting... the more i patted the more bubbles! What on earth im i doing wrong????? Just to make sure, it tried mixing the monomer with the Classic and Competition powders and it was fine...

My guess is that im doing something wrong with my mix ratio. Im used to the 2:1 ratio but with this system its supposed to be 1:1 (meaning drier). Please tell me in detail a few tricks on how to drain my brush in order to hold the correct liquid and also if im supposed to dip or drag in my powder and things like that...

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

NaNa S
x x x

Hi I use NSI ATRACTION & I have to say I don't have this problem!! The ratio for the new Attraction system is slightly wetter not dryer its 2:2. But it sounds like your picking up too much liquid, so when you start to press the white down, its expelling the extra liquid onto the nail which is then making the bubbles & so the more you press the more bubbles you will get!! Also it should absorb the liquid quite quickly but even though the ball you did seemed to do that it still sounds like it was too wet or the ball size was too small if you get me!!!

What size brush do you use? Mine is the No 8 Kolinsky, which I found much easier to use with the new system as I used a No 6 brush for the old system & found it wasn't holding enough liquid. HTH :)

i once had this problem i was told it was the mixed ratio of L&P try doing differnent ratios, until it give the proper look

Sounds like you are working too dry. When you run your brush through the powder look at the bead make sure all the powder gets absorbed into the liquid, make certain that no exess powder is lingering around the edges of the bead. If it stays too firm and looks dry, get rid of that bead and start over. The bead you create should "feel good" When you place the bead give it a few seconds to set up. When you start to press the bead out into the nail it should have the feel of moving mayonnaise around.

A good way to test your consistency is to place a bead onto a practice tip and wait about 10 to 15 seconds. The bead should dome and level about 25% there should not be a ring of liquid around the base of the bead. If your bead is too wet it will drop about 50% and too dry it will hold a firm shape and not drop.

The best mix for Attraction and Universal is a medium wet mix.

SC

Hello Nana,

What brush are you working with?

I didn't had any bubble with Attraction L+P until... today. I tried a new brush (NSI Touch Tip 7) and it was a disaster, either the ratio was too dry or there were bubbles. I switched back to my good'ol brush (Young Nails Artistic Sculptor, its flags are way larger than the NSI Touch Tip one) and everything was fine again.

I use both the NSI Royal #8 and the #8 Grand. The royal is bigger than the grand, it took a little bit to get used to, but now I love it. The #7 I find way to small for L&P but it's great for gel.

SC

im using a no.8 kolinsky

I have used attraction, and found that I had white patches on some of the nails.....which didn't buff off and looked:eek:
I tried it all ways and still the same. I sent it back for checking but they never got it, so I don't know:rolleyes:

I have used attraction, and found that I had white patches on some of the nails.....which didn't buff off and looked:eek:
I tried it all ways and still the same. I sent it back for checking but they never got it, so I don't know:rolleyes:

Bubbles or dust, maybe ?

Not dust, like white patches ( a blob of tipex!!)

What kind of white patches?? were they small like air bubbles or larger like pocket lifting?

SC

Uuum pocket lifting??? as I applied it it went on white, it wouldn't pat down could this be what it is?

Uuum pocket lifting??? as I applied it it went on white, it wouldn't pat down could this be what it is?

I can't say for sure without seeing but from what you just posted I thinking there is something wrong with the product. Send it back to NSI and get a replacement.

SC

Did do, ( sent two back) they never received it

Keep calling them, maybe with the christmas mailing rush it hasn't gotten there yet. Let me know if you don't get a replacement by the end of january.

SC

hi

I have started using NSI Attraction. It took a few attempts to get used to it but now i love it. I find that i don't need to use as much liquid, i use a number 10 kolinsky and is too big so have ordered an 8.

If you are unsure how to use the NSI range, 1 of their reps can come out to you and show you how to use it free of charge.

xxx

Thanks Guys... Will Keep Trying Till I Get It Right. But Its So Strange That It Happens Mostly With The Clear :( Its The One I Use The Most For Encased Art And As The Word Says It Needs To Be..."clear"! And Bubble Free... *sigh* Well, For Now Im Working The Attraction Monomer With The Classic And Competition Powders And Its Fine, No Bubbles Or Any Other Problems :) And The Mix Ratio Is Fine Too...

Latest posts

Back