Trouble with OPI Gelcolor thumb

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmillieShellac

Reaction score
Evening ladies,
I have been using Shellac solely for a year and have just introduced OPI into the salon and twice today and once yesterday my clients thumb hasn't cured properly.
I am using the OPI led lamp, my prep is thorough using all the correct procedures and products and I'm totally baffled!
Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?
I thought it might be the thickness, it was a thin coat that was applied, did I shake the bottles enough, yes!
The other thing that happened today whilst doing a French was one of the fingers came out looking like it had been struck by lightning, could it be the lamp??
Can't sleep for worrying about it! ;-(( x

Were you curing 5 at a time ? Sometimes iv noticed my client has not had their thumb in the correct position to be cured if that makes sense .

And was your white maybe a bit thick on your french or overcured just a couple of thoughts x

Hi B Beauty
No with the French I hadn't got on to the White tip yet, it happened after base and first coat of colour before White tip. Yes all 5 fingers but that's what OPI say the lamp is for 5 fingers....mmm I know I'm stumped!!

Hi, I know you can use the CND Lamp for curing all five fingers of Shellac. But in the OPI manual it states that you cure 4 fingers at a time in their lamps then the 2 thumbs. Hope this helps x

Hi Smillishellac, I think this happens as said above fingers not spread properly :rolleyes: I have had this happen too I checked troubleshooting on website , but I actually cure for 40 seconds now to be safe. But if ur worried about lamp get them to check it as they r not cheap:sad: HTH xx

Hi in all OPI reps info and Lena White's website It clearly says the OPI LED lamp has full five finger curing!
SS x

Sorry SmillieShellac,
I missed on your first thread where you said Led Lamp. I use the UV Lamp with the Axxium system. This is only a 4 finger cure. I want to get their new Gel Polish I have been told it is amazing. :)

I had this problem once with gelish so now I do the four fingers together then two thumbs together so they flat rather at angle and works a treat x

I had this problem with Shellac until I did my training, it always wrinkled on the same client's thumbs. Turned out it was a combination of my application being too thick, and placement of her thumbs (not being far in enough or spread out enough). Wrinkled and gave that lightning effect! We sorted it though, once I knew xx

Latest posts

Back