trouble with the tanning tent

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah your not stupid its the tent that is. Have you not got someone near you who can pop in and show you how its done?

I don't know Lucia, any offers you geeks?

By the way not forgotten the nail piccies for you.

alana said:
this is so funny!!:)
I dont know why im laughing though as I have only just got my pop up cubicle and i know next week after my trainig i will be on here asking for help!!!!:smack:

Hi Alana

As part of your Tantrick Training you will be shown how to pop it up and pop it down again so you shouldn't have any worries with it! Take it with you when you go as it can be quite stiff when you first use it.

Regards

Mandy x

first of all take a deep breath..........

Open the door and tie it back,
stand looking into the tent and fold the right front to left back,
thenleft front to right back.....this should make the tent flat,
lie it on the floor fold the floor end into the middle and curl it under it then should strat to form a circle shape and with a little encouagement fold fllat.

However........Once you've got to the flat bit, if it doesnt go to plan try turning it over and try again. I know your doing the same thing but it does seem easier on one side.

If all else fails I recommend a vodka!!
Good luck!! xx:!:

A whole bottle ok?

first of all take a deep breath..........

Open the door and tie it back,
stand looking into the tent and fold the right front to left back,
thenleft front to right back.....this should make the tent flat,
lie it on the floor fold the floor end into the middle and curl it under it then should strat to form a circle shape and with a little encouagement fold fllat.

However........Once you've got to the flat bit, if it doesnt go to plan try turning it over and try again. I know your doing the same thing but it does seem easier on one side.

If all else fails I recommend a vodka!!
Good luck!! xx:!:

of course! Have you managed it yet?

Helloooooo.

I do my zip up about 1/2 way, that way the air gets out and the flap does not get in the way either. Then I push one corner in to the opposite diagonal corner so I have two flat panels. Fold the two panels in half and into to one panel and then start folding!!!! To fold it I use a wall or something to support the bottom and gently push from the top, forming a "c" shape as you push you will see to circles forming to the side, grab them and shove them in to the middle. I have to admit that I do not usually bother with trying to get it so small that I can do the zip on my bag up, but I can always get it in the bag. Learners may find it easier if they remove the clear top, but it is dead easy once you have got the hang of it, I promise.

of course! Have you managed it yet?

ARGGGG NOOOOOOO!

Have just left it propped up in a corner of my room now, looks really naff though.

Still no local geeks have offered to wrestle with it, mustn't be any near me.

I wish I could help you out.

You know the sort of springy wire bits that make up the frame? Are they all lined up when it is flat? Some times one of them can bend inside on itself in the booth which makes it impossible to put up.

Heres the instructions from mine!

Grasping the steel frame at mid-height of the spray tan cubicle joining the two sides together, firmly push the frame towards the inside corner of the cubicle.
fold the two sides together such that you are left with one complete panel containing all the sides.
with the lower section of the frame resting on the ground, place your hands either side of the top of the frame.
Fold down the upper part of the frame forming a "c" shape. As you tuck the upper frame inside the lower half, the remaining edges should form loops which you can gather together and collapse down.

I then hold the folded booth between my legs and slip the cover back on so it doesn't spring out!
HTH
Thank you so much, i have been struggling with this for months, finally cracked it this evening. You put it in laymans terms (no offense) so i could actually understand what i had to do.Thanks again

lmao:lol: everyone i remember the first time i used mine i nearly folded myself into it gave up and waited for hubby to come home, second time i stuffed it into boot of car. sadly i gave up spray tanning as i just couldn`t find the time to do it along with hair and nails.
sorry can`t be of help hope youv`ve managed it tho:hug:

I have the same problem, still haven't mastered it been trying since JULY!!!

Mine just stays up now and I stick it behind the wardrobe. When going to clients houses I fold it up then as soon as I get in I pop it up so they (hopefully) don't notice.

Tricky things aren't they.:mad:
Place the tent, top or bottom against a wall nice n straight.
Hold sides firmly & walk the other half towards the wall folding in half.
Once in half fold top[peice's your holding]over each other.
It will form the circle.
Make sure the bottom peice can slide over the top to collapse.
Once in a neat lil sphere..... CAPTURE IT IN A BAG.... QUICKLY!!!!!:)
And store till needed.:irked:

HtH
XX J XX

My colleague had the same problem one time, and decided to lean it against the wall and try the next day (so she says), but the bloomin plastic poles are now totally bent into a big curve on one side and it wont go down, so I have mega problems keeping it out of the way - has anyone else's tent de-formed - is there a way of unbending them?!!! Its fine when its set up tho. very odd.

Whooopeee doooooooooo, I have now managed to put my tent down 3 times. Had a lady come to see me last week from mobile tan.com and she showed me her way - got it down no probs and then today notsonewgeek came over and showed me her way (thanks Lisa :hug: ) and hey presto no problems again - long may it continue:lol: :)

Whooopeee doooooooooo, I have now managed to put my tent down 3 times. Had a lady come to see me last week from mobile tan.com and she showed me her way - got it down no probs and then today notsonewgeek came over and showed me her way (thanks Lisa :hug: ) and hey presto no problems again - long may it continue:lol: :)

It will be easy from now on as they have a memory and once put up and down a few times they seem to just collapse and pop up so easily :)

My first tan I had to drive home with the booth still fully erect in my car doh!

sorry for butting in...does anyone not if you can get patches to repair the tents, they always seem to come away around the base, and pull away from the frame a little.

XXXX

Latest posts

Back