Trouble with tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helward87

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I qualified in l&p through CND in August. I have been doing a few peoples nails and am having trouble with the tips coming off.

Sculpted ones stay on no problems but any that I do with tips come off within a matter of days sometimes??!

I use retention+ l&p and I've tried nail diva brush on adhesive and CND gel bond but still have the same issue?! Advice please?!! Xx

Hi. I use to have the same problem of my tips pinging off. I tried lots of glues. The best for my nails is by Naio. I also found that by increasing the amount of product I used on the stress point made a big difference.

Hope this helps.
Nicola

Perhaps your tips are slightly too small, making them ping off from stress?

Make sure that the tip is not being forced down to fit, if you need to use a bigger tip then file on the edges to make it the right size. Also make sure there are no air bubbles under the tip and glue. That will also cause an inconsistency. I ran into that problem once as well and it was because I wasn't putting the tips on correctly. Also what Nicola said, about the stress point.

They are all good points that i do already try to implement. I do tailor my tips to fit so I don't think I'm applying them to small. My apex isn't always perfect but is definitely something I'm working on. I'll definitely think about all these things next time I do a set to see if I'm making these mistakes! thank you!!! Xxx

Hi geeks,

I qualified in l&p through CND in August. I have been doing a few peoples nails and am having trouble with the tips coming off.

Sculpted ones stay on no problems but any that I do with tips come off within a matter of days sometimes??!

I use retention+ l&p and I've tried nail diva brush on adhesive and CND gel bond but still have the same issue?! Advice please?!! Xx
Not sure as I don't work with tips any longer, but maybe the size and style of tip isn't suitable. There are so many different white tips out there and they would fit differently one different natural nails. Check to that the tip is comfortably fitting from sidewall to side wall, forcing un unsuitably fitting tip over the free edge could cause otto pop off during any upward pressure, if its not fitting right.

Latest posts

Back