Trouble with waxing back of legs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarfield

Reaction score
I'm a bit frustrated, as we are taught in college (it's an ITEC course), to wax the back of the legs at an angle, and *never* wax round a corner at all. But the hair grows at sometimes quite a sharp angle around the leg, so how am i supposed to avoid waxing round a corner if i have to apply the wax and strip in the direction of hair growth?

The back of the legs technique wan't explained to us very well, and there is no proper info in my text books either, it all just focuses on the other leg area, or just gives a single picture, which isn't very helpful.

I watched a ton of leg waxing vids on youtube to try and get an idea of the application technique, but they all just apply the wax straight up and down, not following the curve of the hair growth. So i'm feeling very frustrated/not confident about waxing this area, and my exam is soon.

Does anyone have any tips?

In a lot of people I find there is a large area that the hair will grow pretty much in a vertical direction and just smaller sections that tend to angle off. If this is the case I do the majority first then section off the remaining according to direction of growth and apply the wax accordingly.

Regarding corners I guess (for want of a better explanation) If you visualize the back of a leg in three sections, the top being one section and left side and right sides being the other sections then the point where the two on both sides meet the top will be the so called corner. Basically you don't want to lay a strip ie horizontally over these sections (unless waxing vertically like the front of a leg) separate them into two ie top and then side. Gosh I hope that makes sense and I havent confused you more! :) x

i always angle, i try to get as MUCH of the leg when they are laying on their back, so get them to tilt their leg to each side and put on as much wax as you can then rip it off, instead of doing one tiny bit, ripping it off etc then when you get them to turn over, they have a teeny strip down the back. Normally on the back the hair grows towards the inside of the leg, so apply it from outer leg to inner leg all the way down then rip off in other direction, will take u 2 mins. put all the wax on first then rip off, will be SO much easier! hope this helps. Also, just a pointer, if they have dry knees add some moisturiser beforehand/after wax as the wax gets REALLY stuck - this is only for extreme dry knees x

I do the same as Carly :) .... but remember it's always best to follow the direction of the hair growth. The vast majority of people will have similar hair patterns but there are a few that will through you a loop every now and then.

You don't have to apply the wax in the direction of the growth. You can apply it all up an down and remove in the correct way. I wouldn't really class this as waxing round a corner as it still a pretty flat area.

I trained with Kim this week and that's what I learned. X

Latest posts

Back