troublesome client.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
Hi, just wanted some advice.

recently did a client with Pink and White L&P. They were the best set i've done to date. First time i know that i did everything correctly. Especially now i spend longer on prep as we know this makes for better nails.

Question i have is, after 48 hours went by they started to lift. I don't get any on my own, and i used to so thought i'd solved the problem. My client now tells me that when she had Gel it happened with them even worse as they just eventually peeled right off. She isn't a nail biter and has lovely shaped nails with a good free edge, but wanted tips to give her more length.

I suspect she may have oily nails, and thought i'd prepped twice to sort that, but what else can i do? If someone has nails like this, how do you over come it?

really appreciatte your help on this one as it really has knocked my confidence, despite the fact i don't think i did anything wrong.:cry:

I am presuming you are using star nails? Correct me if i am wrong!!
I have a client that has oily nail plates and used to use star nails performance and their was almost always lifting atleast 2 days after having them done. Now i took this option .....not to use cuticle oil at any point through the service and advised her to use it her self 24hours after application.....it worked!!!! Maybe it was sheer luck for me...but maybe try it on just one nail and see if it works!!!
Since switched her on to retention+ don't seem to have that problem though!!!!

That could explain alot then. As wasn't aware of her problem before hand, as in the consultation she said she'd had enhancements before but didn't say anything about the trouble with lifting.

So as usual i said about usinf cuticle oil on a regular basis. She told me she's been doing it 3 times a day, so may account for the lifting.

Any products i could use to really give good adhesion, i do use star products and use their primer which is supposed to be good and strong. I've tried to switch her to Fibreglass but i think she's had a bad experience so doesn't even want to try it.

Just wanted to add if cutical oil can cause lifting on some clients and not others, why are we told to use it all the time?

Has anyone else experienced this at all??

I really aren't sure wether its the oil, but i know i haven't had probs else where, any ideas anyone???

Can anyone help me with client who seems to have oily nails??? What more as far as prep is concerned can i do to help it from lifting. The client doesn't get on with gel for this reason, so surely i can do something to help her with L&P?????

Lifting is caused by some barrier between the nail plate and the product. End of story.

Using cuticle oil 2 or 3 times a day will not affect the surface of the nail plate if the product is already well adhered to it.

Sometimes you have to face the fact that some clients nails (thankfully a rare occurence) will not tollerate a product being adhered to it.

One of the most compatible substances with the nail plate is EC REsin. I have found in the past that these rare clients who experience lifting with everything else will often do very very well with wraps.

Why not try 1 or 2 and see how this goes, if she wants to persevere and find an answer? Otherwise you will have to accept the fact that there are exceptions to the rule from time to time and there is nothing you can do about it other than to destroy the surface of the nailplate in order for the product to 'key' into it and stick.

But this is not our way is it??

Hi Geeg, thanks for your reply, i did find it strange that oil could cause it but i suppose i was thinking if they produce alot of oil then adding more probably isn't the answer.

I have offered to do fibreglass for her as she says Gel is just as bad, but said she doesn't like them, so i think i will persevere and find out why and then offer to do a couple of fingers like you said, just to try it. I hate it when you can't solve a problem as that's what we do, but don't worry i would never resort to damaging the natural nail plate just to make it adhere to the nail.

I will see if i can persuade her, and go from there, i'll let you know if i succeed.

Thanks again.

Hi ya

Just wanted to let you know that youre not alone. I had new client in last week, shes had enhancements about six times to no avail. They always just come off she said. Right the chalenge was on I thought. I knew they were oilly so prepped and sprayed three times ish. Did each nail individually to stop build up of oil on nail bed. Finished the job. Fab nails created. I was so confident that it would be fine. Three days latter she only has three left. Rest of them off, no damage to nail, infact nail looked like it had never had product on it. Just couldnt understand it. We have decided that it just aint gonna happen and is too costly to herself to keep trying, although deep down I would love to give her what she wants. We are now on Nailtiques treatment to get her natural nails growing nicely. Good luck to her. I think we shall get there in the end.

Best Wishes

Thanks Gina, it is reassuring to hear that there are others who have suffered the way i have with a client with oily nails. I have emailed my client to suggest wraps and see what she says, i said i would even do just two nails free of charge to try and see what happens.

We will see, i will let you guys know if she tries them and what happens. Thanks for your support.

Hi

Is she on any medication e.g HRT or have a condition such as diabetes? I had been doing one of my clients for 6 months with a gel overlay then bang she started experiencing lifting after 3/4 days, we tried to continue but no success, and as she had broken a lot of her natural nails and was going on holiday we decided to try acrylic which her daughter has done. Guess what new set within 3/4 days lifting and falling off, she couldn't believe it nor could her daughter as she's never had any problems and I was frustrated then hey presto she called me and said that she had been thinking back to when the problem started and traced it back to when she was put on HRT!!! I couldn't believe it,I only had one other option to try and that was Bio Sculpture gel and to our surprise it worked great and she has no problems now and she was determined if she couldn't have nice nails she was coming off the HRT so sometimes there just might be a product out there that may just work.

talented talons said:
Hi, just wanted some advice.

recently did a client with Pink and White L&P. They were the best set i've done to date. First time i know that i did everything correctly. Especially now i spend longer on prep as we know this makes for better nails.

Question i have is, after 48 hours went by they started to lift. I don't get any on my own, and i used to so thought i'd solved the problem. My client now tells me that when she had Gel it happened with them even worse as they just eventually peeled right off. She isn't a nail biter and has lovely shaped nails with a good free edge, but wanted tips to give her more length.

I suspect she may have oily nails, and thought i'd prepped twice to sort that, but what else can i do? If someone has nails like this, how do you over come it?
really appreciatte your help on this one as it really has knocked my confidence, despite the fact i don't think i did anything wrong.:cry:

Now just a thought, does she have moist palms, clammy hands ????
When you file the nail to shape it does the filing dust resemble a paste rather then a fine powder????? Like damp nail dust ???? If yes then the nail is very oily naturaly..............

Not an ideal client for enhancments, they seem to peel off with no trace of ever having had enhancements on their nails.......

You could try power preping the nail..........
Remove alll non living tissue from nail , then scrubfresh, nailfresh and then scrubfresh again...then non acid primer.....the nail should have a whitish dry look to it........
Do a couple of nails at a time, more time consuming, but less time for the natural oils to surface again................
If this doesn't work and you want to strenghten the natural nail, try Toughen Up, it has DMU Technology and will work within the Keratin and providing over a period of usuage time a strong support for the natural nail....A week of regular use and you will see a difference........ Then when the strenght is achieved, return to using stickey or another good base coat.........Also use Solar oil to keep the nail flexible and therfore strong.............
HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back