TruGel LED Lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FunkyB

Reaction score
Hello there,

I love this site, and can’t thank you enough for the helpful advice posted on it.

I’ve seen lots of posts regarding gel polishes, and using the lamp that comes with your chosen system.

I use TruGel and so far have been using a UV lamp to cure it and have had no problems at all.

A friend who did the same add-on college course as me (we are level 2 qualified therapists) uses an LED lamp that works fine also – but it’s no longer available.

I recently bought an LED lamp (to cut down on treatment times) only to find it didn’t cure Trugel properly (I did a pedicure test on myself, I cured one foot using the UV and the other using the new LED). The finish with the UV was as I’d expect – high shine, glossy. The finish with the LED was dull and lacklustre after I’d removed the sticky layer.

Can I ask, for those who use TruGel, do you use an LED lamp and if so which one would you recommend please?

Sincerely

Funky B

Hi funkyb. I've used Trugel for a while now. I use an led lamp from creative ten(recommended from Ezflow). I love it, cures all layers in 30 seconds
Beth x

Dear Beth, thanks so much for the information. I've just done a quick net search and can't find the lamp you use. Don't suppose I could trouble you for a link or web address could I please? Sincerely Funky B :)

If you email Rebecca on [email protected]. There is a website but I'm not entirely sure the lamp is on there. Just ask about it on email =] xx

Hi funkyb. I've used Trugel for a while now. I use an led lamp from creative ten(recommended from Ezflow). I love it, cures all layers in 30 seconds
Beth x

That's brill. Thanks again Beth :biggrin:

Hi there. Sorry if I rain on your parade here but if you've read all the endless amounts of information on here regarding lamps and curing your chosen product why on earth are you still considering using a lamp that is of a different brand to your polish??

You should know by now that you cannot tell if the product is cured properly through just looking at it so what makes you think that your current uv lamp is doing a sufficient job? Why would you only wish to cure a product sufficiently and not perfectly? Why risk causing clients a potential build up of allergies to your products when you could just buy the correct lamp for the correct product. Only the lamp designed by the company you are using will cure that product correctly and professionally. If they don't make a lamp for their product then I'd insist on changing to a professional company that provides all the correct equipment which will safeguard not only your clients but you the therapist! If you use equipment that is not recommended by the manufacturer of your product you run the risk of harming your client and then not being covered by your insurance. Is that really worth the risk??

Hi there. Sorry if I rain on your parade here but if you've read all the endless amounts of information on here regarding lamps and curing your chosen product why on earth are you still considering using a lamp that is of a different brand to your polish??

You should know by now that you cannot tell if the product is cured properly through just looking at it so what makes you think that your current uv lamp is doing a sufficient job? Why would you only wish to cure a product sufficiently and not perfectly? Why risk causing clients a potential build up of allergies to your products when you could just buy the correct lamp for the correct product. Only the lamp designed by the company you are using will cure that product correctly and professionally. If they don't make a lamp for their product then I'd insist on changing to a professional company that provides all the correct equipment which will safeguard not only your clients but you the therapist! If you use equipment that is not recommended by the manufacturer of your product you run the risk of harming your client and then not being covered by your insurance. Is that really worth the risk??

Some brands do not have a specific lamp but just say to use a 36watt uv lamp etc. NSI are one of these companies and are an excellent PROFESSIONAL brand with excellent products. I use my cnd lamp to cure NSI hard gel along with my cnd shellac and this is perfectly safe. Ridiculous advice "insisting" the OP changes to a different "professional" brand if her brand doesn't offer their own lamp. What a cheek!

Some brands do not have a specific lamp but just say to use a 36watt uv lamp etc. NSI are one of these companies and are an excellent PROFESSIONAL brand with excellent products. I use my cnd lamp to cure NSI hard gel along with my cnd shellac and this is perfectly safe. Ridiculous advice "insisting" the OP changes to a different "professional" brand if her brand doesn't offer their own lamp. What a cheek!

What I said was not "a cheek" but my and many other geeks opinions. That's what this site is for, advice and opinions and what I said was not "ridiculous" so lets not get into an argument about it. Perhaps professional was not the best choice of words. Maybe "better equipped" would have been the correct terminology so as to not insult NSI users. Everyone has their choice and believes what they use is the best otherwise why would they use it. I could have come on and started saying that my chosen brand was the best and how the OP would be better off using what I use but that's not my place to say. All I was saying was that is if I was using a brand that didn't meet 100% of my needs including polish, lamp, prep equipment and consumables then I'd insist with myself to change to a company that did. Why pay a company to provide you with 90% of needs when you can choose a company that provides you with 100% of your needs?! That way you wouldn't come across these 'issues'. I'll refrain from commenting on your "perfectly safe" statement as this would not be professional of me nor would it help the OP with her current dilemma. If you have a problem with my comments maybe you should PM me instead of putting unnecessary comments on public threads. It's neither helpful or friendly and we are all friends here. After all we all just want what's best for our clients and our businesses 😉

Hey there.
The creative ten lamp was designed to be used with ezflow products. Infact the lady who designed it is the master educator for the midlands. It was her advice that I took when I purchased the lamp so no problems with safety for the clients =] xx

Can I just add that Rebecca Orme who owns and runs Creative Ten is the Senior Educator for Ezflow Uk. TruGel is an Ezflow product so any lamp sold by Creative Ten would be correct for those products.

Sian
Ezflow Educator for Wales

Hello :)

I also use EzFlow Trugel with an LED lamp, mine is called "The Little LED Lamp" and is available from Graftons

Cures beautifully :)

Rachel xoxo

Latest posts

Back