Truly White Not Ringing True

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathie!

Reaction score
I need help with my EZ Flow Truly White application!

To date I have been mainly using white because the majority of my clients want a softer, more natural look. I won't be so bold as to say my smile lines are good when using white, but they're not bad!

Now my clientelle is building, I'm getting more requests for Truly White.

My problem seems to be that it is totally different to working with White, I guess because it's a denser colour and has more pigment in it?

Anyway, I think my ratio is correct, looking for the consistency of double cream, but I don't seem to be able to pat out the smile line, cos it seems to squish in all the wrong directions (maybe too wet?) and I end up with ridges/brush marks on the tip and I also find it difficult to get my bead to cover the whole tip...keep having to go back with more..although I think my original bead is large enough (maybe not applying enough pressure?).

It also seems to set up faster than white..this could be because I'm taking longer in my application than I do with white?

Any tips from any EZ Flow Geeks gratefully appreciated. Already spoken to Anony but still not having any luck.

I guess the real answer is practice, practice practice!!

Look forward to hearing from ya! XX

ok, my initial thought on reading this is that your ratio is good but your working too slow. i pat my smile into place first then quickly spread it over the tip. once thats done, i wipe the smile and slowly and firmly press and smooth the product.

if you are still having problems give me a yell,

antony

You're not using the Competition white are you, cos that's a faster setting powder.
EZ Flow's a lovely product to use, I've always found it quite forgiving.
If you can, and this applies to any product/brand, do a conversion course. You will be able to get the best from that product.

antnbuckley said:
ok, my initial thought on reading this is that your ratio is good but your working too slow. i pat my smile into place first then quickly spread it over the tip. once thats done, i wipe the smile and slowly and firmly press and smooth the product.

if you are still having problems give me a yell,

antony
Hey Ant, can i give you a yell for help with my smile lines when i visit you at Excel, lol?? Now that i'm using Ezflow l&p my confidence has soared and i'm producing really good sets but that's using More than White coz i'm crap at smile lines!!!

sure, your more than welcome to come to the booth and i'll help ya all i can, actually be a nice change to do a pink and white at a show so make sure you leave a nail free!!!!!

ideally though, i would reccomend a workshop covering smile line applications, that would benefit you a huge amount

see you there

antony

antnbuckley said:
sure, your more than welcome to come to the booth and i'll help ya all i can, actually be a nice change to do a pink and white at a show so make sure you leave a nail free!!!!!

ideally though, i would reccomend a workshop covering smile line applications, that would benefit you a huge amount

see you there

antony
Well i'd love a workshop but you're a bit far for me to get to!! How do you feel about relocating???? :)

Really looking forward to meeting you complete with a "naked" nail!!!

Jane said:
You're not using the Competition white are you, cos that's a faster setting powder.
I have tried comptition white and found it easier to work with than Truly White...apart from when it came to a rebalance...now that's another story lol!!

I will definately leave a nail naked for you as well Antony, as intrigued to the way you do your smiles. I too would love to do a conversion course, but i think you are a bit far for me too, we can talk about it at Excel. Can't wait to meet you.

Carole and Wendy come up with me on 22 Sept..I'm making the pilgrimage....in my new motor... lol!!!

nails@42ndstreet said:
Carole and Wendy come up with me on 22 Sept..I'm making the pilgrimage....in my new motor... lol!!!
Hey Cathie: much as i'd love to check out your new motor (how's it going hunny??), we'd still have to get to you in Bristol!! Me thinks that might be going backwards to go forwards, lol!!!

Hey Cathie, i have played with the truly white and actually find it easier to work with than the other white, funny really but didn't think about it at the time.

Would love to come with you, but i think it would be a double long journey. As Caz said it would be good but shame such a way to trvel.

like all of you i switched to ezflow l&p about 3 months ago it is faultless such an easy product to use.
after i have applied the l&p i only need to use a white block to finish instead of courser files as my application has improved ten fold,
i have found my smile lines smiling at last and my confidence is getting better and better and happy customers.
i have absolutely no lifting especially on myself and i am the most heavy handed person i know.
i bleach everything and i dont wear gloves.
thumbs up to a great product

Joanne

How do you find working with Truly White as opposed to white? I've been using EZ Flow for about 18 mos now and I think it is probably the fact that I am more specialized in using White.

i find if i work slghtly away from my smile then push up towards it i can achieve it alot quicker i do work slightly wet so i do my smile line quite quick then i pull product back to the edge of the tip then i have more time to neaten my smile line and pat the product the hardest thing i found was not so much my ratio but the size of my ball sometimes to big sometimes to small i have over come that now.
an other thing i dont concentrate to much on the corners of the smile at first as i go back and add on weeny balls to them once i have done everything else then i am not pressured by the product curing before i am ready........... hope it makes sense

Latest posts

Back