truth or myth

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

meckleberry

Reaction score
I have been reading my lates issue of Nail Biz (a publication from the The industry Source/NailCo Group-US).

In one of the articles/advertisments it mentions:

Headline: Science & Medicine
"Until recently it was believed that the cause of fungus and mold was either improper application technique by the nail tech or that moisture was trapped under the nail when the wearer glued it back down after a lift. Today we know that this is simply not correct. Prior to wearing artificial nails, the moisture content of the human nail is app. 18%. As normal daily bodily function, the skin tissue of the nail bed evaporates moisture passes through the natural nail, which is porous, in order to escape. When an arificial application is made to the surface of the nail , the moisture evaporation process is blocked. the moisture, unable to pass through the artificial nail material, then begins to build up in the natural nail and is retained there causing the moisture content of the natural nail to increase to as much as 28%. This increased level of moisture, caused by the artificial nails, now provides an excellent climate in which fungus and mold spores can grow and multiply. However, this condition can be easily avoided. Today there exist a nail oil which contains the anti-fungal ingredient Tolnaftate, a highly effective medication, widely recommended by doctors for the treatment and prevention of fungus and mold. The product is called TolnafOil. It is a product that should be retailed to ALL artificial nails wearers for the use as a daily nail and cuticle conditioning oil. Used daily by your clientele, they can be assured for freedom from fungus and mold disorders. And for those who do not use TolnafOil and develop a fungal or mold disorder, there is Formula 3; the cure for fungus and mold. However, the key to success with fungus and mold is prevention - not cure. Begin preventing the problem with your clientele today."

So what do you think? Is there truth to this or just another company trying to sell their product.

Oh I should add that "they" make this article look scientific by putting a doctor in a lab as if he wrote the article.

Well I had a thought,
I think it's a clever way of promoting a product, that if you do your job right, would probably never need..........
I say probably as there is always a but, and I am not putting my head on the chopping block so to speak ....

If you read Sams Novel about the Moldy Oldy, you can make up your own mind...........
But I have never seen mold on a clients nails, on their bathroom wall and shower curtain yes..............
Even on my bread..................but on a nail never....!!!!!!!
So here is a link that will help you to understand the difference between bacterial infections aka MOLD and fungal infections............
Get yourself a drink and be prepared for some good advice!!!!!!
http://www.samuelsweet.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=7&start=1

So hope this helps
love Ruth xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back