Trying to explain to a client that you know what you're talking about!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spanishbeauty

Reaction score
Could have screamed this morning, client barges through my door at 10am, and goes to sit down at our manicure desks, she's a regular of my other BT, so I know who she is, and I ask if I can help her as I know she's not our 10am clients....she says yes I am here for my nails.....so I double check the book and she's turned up two days early!! No big deal, we laugh and she says she's tired as shes just come back from holiday. She then starts rummaging in her bag and says 'oohhh I bought some Shellac (1st alarm bell) when I was on holiday in China (second alarm bell) and its a new one cos you don't have it (ding ding ding). I glance at this fat ugly bottle that said love something on it and I said to her, no I'm afraid that's not shellac, the conversation goes on and on I'm not going to bore you but with the point that she's actually arguing with me and that the man in china told her it was shellac and it works just like shellac, etc etc, I told her its definately not, it shouldn't be for sale to you, it's not the correct bottle, it's not even a shellac shade and I would know because I have bought them all!!!! She wouldn't have it. I even brought over the shellac bottle and showed her this is what they should look like, yours doesn't even have shellac written on it!!!! She would not have it. My BT was in the back listening and just laughed but I don't know how you can explain it to people in any other way, I'm the professional, I research the products to bring you the best thing for your nails, and yet you still won't listen to me!! I do look young for my age and especially to be running my own business but if I am called 'young girl' by one more person in my salon, i will scream!!!!
Rant.over. Lol xxx

Hmm you should have said proof is in the pudding! Let me no how you get on with it ;)x

Oh bless you!!!

So how did it end?

She could see I wasn't going to let her win so she smiled and said ok.....but she's booked in tomorrow funnily enough for her pedicure and she likes to spread her appointments out so she's coming back on Thursday for her shellac, so I've told my BT who will be doing her for both treatments to see what's exactly on her nails now before her shellac cos I bet it's going to take ages to remove!!
She kind of gave me that look of 'no I don't believe what your saying but I'm going to say yes anyways'.....hopefully by hearing it from my BT as well tomorrow she will maybe listen to us, who knows?!! We'll see!

love this!! i had a client the other day telling me that all the "gels" were the same!! i explained to her that shellac wasnt a gel that "the other gels" she was naming had different properties an strengths! she was even telling me abbout side walls and how they should be done lol

we can only do our job and when ppl realise we are the professional all the better

and im with you on the young bit too...drives me mad lol

Latest posts

Back