Trying to get a silver colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leannec

Reaction score
Hi people I'm a vrq level 3 student and I have a competition coming up to try get threw the next round of world skills and I really want a silver iv seen it on a pic so if anyone had any suggestions it would rally help as I'm playing around trying to get it at min and help would be great thank u

Way to get a silver is the hair must be lightened to a clean 10 with even porosity and NO yellow remaining in the hair. I sometimes like to tone with a pastel ash 10 before applying a silver colour. Good silver in Goldwell for me is elumen 40mls ab@9 2mls na@2 :)
Can also do a Demi permanent mixture of an ash 10 and blue black of about 30:2

Way to get a silver is the hair must be lightened to a clean 10 with even porosity and NO yellow remaining in the hair. I sometimes like to tone with a pastel ash 10 before applying a silver colour. Good silver in Goldwell for me is elumen 40mls ab@9 2mls na@2 :)
Can also do a Demi permanent mixture of an ash 10 and blue black of about 30:2

Love elumen would never have thought to use ab@9 & na@2 to get silver. Gonna need to try this on mine lol x

Thanks il have to try that with 2pairs of gloves I'm allergic to goldwell so I normally try sticking with wella but il give this a go :)

Oh elumen is the best!! That mix works every time :) as long as it's white beforehand any gold and it's awful

Prelighten to lightest shade you can, then tone with wella colour touch 8/81 and colour touch creme lotion 1.9%.
You should get a steele grey depending on how the hair has lightened x

Prelighten to lightest shade you can, then tone with wella colour touch 8/81 and colour touch creme lotion 1.9%.
You should get a steele grey depending on how the hair has lightened x

For a not so grey look, dont leave on as long and keep an eye on it x

Thanks il have to try that with 2pairs of gloves I'm allergic to goldwell so I normally try sticking with wella but il give this a go :)

With elumen is low risk of allergy so recommended to sensitive clients, you should be fine but skin test any ways.

Lift with bleach & use affinage gothic 9.117. I used it last week & was perfect x

HairBy Amanda

Another fab one in wella is 7/89

Latest posts

Back