Trying to get new clients for hair extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jemmmam

Reaction score
hi,

I am a certified hair extenionist with Racoon International. People in my area don't want to pay for a good set of hair extensions. I am loosing alot of potential clients because of the price.

Had anyone got any advise on what to do or advert? I advert on facebook< twitter posters and leaflets around areas.

Anyone got any ideas?

Hi i know what you mean. I have my regular clients for extensions and they recommend people but I've stopped advertising for new extension clients now I'm sick of being asked a price then being told so and so does them for X amount. I just tell them my price includes quality hair and experience

Hey donna

What system and hair extensions do u do?

Yeah I always give a price range and get so much interest but once i give the price they are not interested :( and get alot of time wasters its so annoying lol x

I'm a hairdresser anyway so have regular clients but these extension clients are really annoying me now.

There's so many hair extension scare stories out there yet they want amazing results for no money i can do without there people.

I won't lower my prices i won't work for nothing or buy cheap products as its my reputation at stake. If they want cheap they can go somewhere else i don't want that type of client.

I do micro ring, pre bonded, sewn in, micro ring sewn in, and micro ring weft.

What are racoon extensions like?

This is what i keep getting. Racoon I cant lower my price so if they think it is to expensive then they can go sumwhere else, but im thinking of doing a prebonded course so I can offer both.

What prebonded do u do? And do u know where to train that is good?

Racoon application i think is the best on the market dont damage ur clients hair at all. but only thing is the price. The top quality racoon hair u can pay upto £700 with 18" 20" and especially blonde.

This is why I find it hard to find clients that will want to pay it.

Donna what hair do you use for micro rings?

This is what i keep getting. Racoon I cant lower my price so if they think it is to expensive then they can go sumwhere else, but im thinking of doing a prebonded course so I can offer both.

What prebonded do u do? And do u know where to train that is good?

Racoon application i think is the best on the market dont damage ur clients hair at all. but only thing is the price. The top quality racoon hair u can pay upto £700 with 18" 20" and especially blonde.

This is why I find it hard to find clients that will want to pay it.

I'm struggling getting clients in for £160 extensions, good luck finding someone who will pay £700!!

Where are you based?

Also i have recently posted a similar thread to this x

People get what they pay for. Racoon hair is expensive but tasha jacks is more expensive than racoon hair and i looked at other places and there around the same price.

By the time u buy all the grams of hair for like 18" blonde the hair itself is £490 then add my service charge, bonding costs and posting and packing and works out just over £600. but with 20" ur looking at £700 mark.

U gotta think tho i reuse this hair again and again and reapply it. So you dont need new hair every 3 months. The hair can last atleast 6 months.

this is why i am looking at doing prebonded too but i bet the prices for hair is pricey x

totally agree with donna. You cant lower your prices just because down the rd is doing it cheaper. I use Balmain hair which works out very expensive but whenever i have new enquiries i always state that i only use the best hair and i do not or will not use budget hair as it just doesnt last the distance and in my opinion is not worth it. The hair can be re-used and in most cases my client gets almost 9mths out of it, still looking fantastic! It is our reputation after all! After the potential client knows that its then up to them to decide and if they still decide to go elsewhere for the cheaper option, i just say thats ok thankyou for enquiring with me anyway and all the best.

Yeah I agree. Im just trying to make a living out of hair extensions but people expect hair extensions for nothing. Frustates me lol

Thats why i was considering doing prebonded aswell so can offer all different price ranges

I just confused on what to do. As been doing racoon since feb and only had 6 clients obviously they come back after 6 weeks for rotation and maintenance.

x

totally agree with donna. You cant lower your prices just because down the rd is doing it cheaper. I use Balmain hair which works out very expensive but whenever i have new enquiries i always state that i only use the best hair and i do not or will not use budget hair as it just doesnt last the distance and in my opinion is not worth it. The hair can be re-used and in most cases my client gets almost 9mths out of it, still looking fantastic! It is our reputation after all! After the potential client knows that its then up to them to decide and if they still decide to go elsewhere for the cheaper option, i just say thats ok thankyou for enquiring with me anyway and all the best.

I agree but if you don't adapt to suit the current market, you will fall behind surely?
God I just really wish people weren't so cheap and appreciated quality x

Latest posts

Back