Trying to keep client happy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bellair

Reaction score
Hi all,
Yesterday I had a real fidgeter in the chair. She had new set of gel extensions over forms, something I take great pride in doing.
She was one of those clients that had her phone in her other hand the whole time and kept pulling her hand out of the lamp to reply to texts or answer calls.
I put her under the lamp again but I think it affected the curing more than I realised as she said he thumb lifted off (and we know thumbs need a bit of Tlc when curing).
So I’ve offered to redo it for her today, but it’s her birthday and off to a concert so travelling. And disappointed too I expect even though she was lovely about it.
Last thing I want is her feeling majorly disgruntled and bad mouthing me, she said she’s going to paint the thumb and carry on but I know as a client it’s annoying.
So I’ve said it’s a shame this has happened as it’s rare but will give her next service half price for her inconvenience.
Do we think that’s enough? (And next time I’ll pin her down without her phone in the chair under the lamp lol) .
Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this. X

Its frustrating but lesson learned, clients will do what you allow them to do. If you need her hands in the lamp then be in control and tell her to keep them in the lamp. Don't start taking all the blame on yourself for failings that are not necessarily all your fault. Why will she badmouth you? You've offered to repair, you've offered a cheap set in replacement, blimey that's more than I would have offered.

Thanks trinity I just fear getting bad mouthed as I live in quite a rural area and word travels fast that’s all. Yes I am normally quite firm with people, just goes to show I need to be like that with her too that’s for sure. She kept checking her phone as her daughter was ill so I guess I let it carry on more than I usually would. Mind you she was the worst I’ve had.
As you say a lesson learned!!

"Trying to keep client happy", and usually at the expense of my own happiness is the story of my life! I think we've all been there, and it's so frustrating. You have gone beyond the call of duty for her by offering repair for free and even reduced price on next appt. As a customer I would forget my frustrations in that situation and be happy with you. When she is there next time, just gently tell her to keep her hand in the lamp for the entire duration, otherwise it will/can affect the quality because the timings are very specific.
I am like you, for the sake of customer satisfaction, I go beyond what is healthy for my sanity sometimes >.< There's a salon next town over who follows the no BS route (she doesnt allow phones at all, no texting or phone calls while getting nails done, no kids, food, and lateness beyond 10 min, all of these points where I have unfortunately been way too flexible, albeit unwillingly). and she's always busy.

I’d better pull my big girl pants up and get a bit firmer
And thanks it’s nice to know I’ve done enough to keep her sweet.

I had client in the past and she had a tendency of removing her hands from the table and on to her lap. You can imagine a tacky layer of gel full of lint!

I had to tell her to please place them on the table. Red nails with black lint is no good!

Latest posts

Back