TS 50 gun-useful information

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve@nouvatan

Reaction score
After trialing this gun myself for a few months before its launch and being very happy with it. we have now added it to our stock lists. however a couple of folk have reported a slight problem that is simply down to over tightening the front retaining ring. and a miss understanding about which number is the correct setting for this machine.
the front retaining ring if over tightened will stop the needle from operating correctly as it compresses the return spring on the needle.
when we trialed the prototype we found it to work best on between 2 and 3 but i did speak to the manufacturer about my concerns that the prototype had a very narrow spray pattern.
They retooled the machinery and this delayed the launch of the ts50 by a few weeks as they wanted to get it right. (and they have)
The machines that are coming through now with the new tooled head and wider spray pattern we have found to operate best at around the number 4 mark with the 4 lining up with the notch halfway down the handle.
the round density dial has an oval groove inside it and there is a tab on the trigger that sits into this groove. the dial alows the trigger to move deeper into the groove and open further or less.
if you over tighten the front its not going to cause any damage or anything but you may find your gun operates on 5 not 4 as all you have done is squash the spring a little more.
This gun has been designed solely for spray tanning fluids and has a 0.6mm needle and even fully opened you will still get less wastage compared to if you fully opened the old 5008 gun

There's been lots of people asking about the TS50 settings recently - hopefully they'll all see this!

That's awesome Steve thank you! I have been finding EXACTLY that problem and emailed your lovely ladies :D But this answers my question! :)

will now go play with gun settings and maybe loosen the front retaining ring! :D

Ok.............. I didn't touch the front at all, was I supposed to? I just couch roll tested, it worked out to be number 4 and away I went. Should I have done more with it?
It's working fine. Old machine retired to the self store :)

Is the new gun supposed to fit in gun slot in 5008 machine? I bought just the new gun recently and it does not fit...

Is the new gun supposed to fit in gun slot in 5008 machine? I bought just the new gun recently and it does not fit...
there is an adapter that goes into the handle holder on the base unit to take the new gun. it should of come with your gun ?

Ok.............. I didn't touch the front at all, was I supposed to? I just couch roll tested, it worked out to be number 4 and away I went. Should I have done more with it?
It's working fine. Old machine retired to the self store :)
no sue its fine its just when people have stripped them down to clean them or have a play with the workings some have been over tightened the front end does nt need messing with. pointing the gun away from you the grey lug should be as far left as it can go. this gives a wide eliptical pattern perfect for going up and down bodies and you need not adjust it when you do the arms and legs, one setting does all :)

That's awesome Steve thank you! I have been finding EXACTLY that problem and emailed your lovely ladies :D But this answers my question! :)

will now go play with gun settings and maybe loosen the front retaining ring! :D
or use it on number 5 ? it makes no difference to be honest. I did pick up on your email and meant to reply. it was because of your email that i spent this afternoon stripping down a gun and experimenting to see if there was a fault with the design that had been missed. but thankfully there isnt its just the spring tension is greater when the front ring is tightened, :)

I have recently purchased the Ts50 and found that any higher than 2.5 or 2.75 the solution trickles down the client but is also a very narrow spray. I make sure I spray 4-6 in away from the body and have the gun set to vertical. Do you think maybe there's something wrong with it. I have had it for a few weeks now but feel the spray could be wider. I took it apart after my first spray so I knew all the bits and how to put it back together. I hope there's nothing wrong with it:(

I have recently purchased the Ts50 and found that any higher than 2.5 or 2.75 the solution trickles down the client but is also a very narrow spray. I make sure I spray 4-6 in away from the body and have the gun set to vertical. Do you think maybe there's something wrong with it. I have had it for a few weeks now but feel the spray could be wider. I took it apart after my first spray so I knew all the bits and how to put it back together. I hope there's nothing wrong with it:(
what position have you got the grey toggle on the front of the gun set to ?

After trialing this gun myself for a few months before its launch and being very happy with it. we have now added it to our stock lists. however a couple of folk have reported a slight problem that is simply down to over tightening the front retaining ring. and a miss understanding about which number is the correct setting for this machine.
the front retaining ring if over tightened will stop the needle from operating correctly as it compresses the return spring on the needle.
when we trialed the prototype we found it to work best on between 2 and 3 but i did speak to the manufacturer about my concerns that the prototype had a very narrow spray pattern.
They retooled the machinery and this delayed the launch of the ts50 by a few weeks as they wanted to get it right. (and they have)
The machines that are coming through now with the new tooled head and wider spray pattern we have found to operate best at around the number 4 mark with the 4 lining up with the notch halfway down the handle.
the round density dial has an oval groove inside it and there is a tab on the trigger that sits into this groove. the dial alows the trigger to move deeper into the groove and open further or less.
if you over tighten the front its not going to cause any damage or anything but you may find your gun operates on 5 not 4 as all you have done is squash the spring a little more.
This gun has been designed solely for spray tanning fluids and has a 0.6mm needle and even fully opened you will still get less wastage compared to if you fully opened the old 5008 gun

Yeah i found setting 3.5 -4 was good for me when tanning at the scottish beauty on saturday x

what position have you got the grey toggle on the front of the gun set to ?

Sorry maybe I'm a bit thick....but what do you mean by the grey toggle lol. I am going to have to get my gun but will do this later as there's guys here putting in new gas heating system so house is turned upside down lol :( x

Sorry maybe I'm a bit thick....but what do you mean by the grey toggle lol. I am going to have to get my gun but will do this later as there's guys here putting in new gas heating system so house is turned upside down lol :( x
He means at the front of the gun there is a bit that can be moved to change the spray pattern. It can be in one of 3 different positions and each position will give you a different spray pattern. Steve wants to know which of the 3 places you have yours set to.

This is the bit he means:
TS50.jpg

He means at the front of the gun there is a bit that can be moved to change the spray pattern. It can be in one of 3 different positions and each position will give you a different spray pattern. Steve wants to know which of the 3 places you have yours set to.

This is the bit he means:
TS50.jpg

Ahhhhh!! I usually have it set on vertical as this was the way I was trained. Had it on circular for when I was spraying myself thinking this would be easier but used way too much solution. There was more tan in tent than on me lol x

I have done a few tans and they have come out gr8 apart from 1 when there was a white line on the arm but was using Fresh Indulgence and there wasn't much guide colour. Thanks to Catherine she sent out some solution to darken the guide colour but have yet to sample that. Will do this tonight or tomorrow. Have rambled on a bit here sorry lol x

So the reason Steve asked where that was set is because you said you have a narrow spray pattern. If you switch it to the other setting (not the circle the one all the way down to the side) then you will have a wider spray pattern.

The one you have been using is a rugby ball stood tall and the one you should be using is the rugby ball side on (so the one your using is tall and thin and the other setting is wide and short if that makes sense).

You need to swap that setting and you will find it a lot easier to spray and should make it a lot harder to have the white stripe situation again too as your spray would give you wider coverage (and possibly help you to use less solution too lol).

So try putting it on this setting:
TS50adjusted.jpg

So the reason Steve asked where that was set is because you said you have a narrow spray pattern. If you switch it to the other setting (not the circle the one all the way down to the side) then you will have a wider spray pattern.

The one you have been using is a rugby ball stood tall and the one you should be using is the rugby ball side on (so the one your using is tall and thin and the other setting is wide and short if that makes sense).

You need to swap that setting and you will find it a lot easier to spray and should make it a lot harder to have the white stripe situation again too as your spray would give you wider coverage (and possibly help you to use less solution too lol).

So try putting it on this setting:
TS50adjusted.jpg

If I'm right this will be the 1st setting. Will do this an see how it goes. Thanks Baggybear for your help. You're just a bundle of knowledge lol thanks again:)) xx

If I'm right this will be the 1st setting. Will do this an see how it goes. Thanks Baggybear for your help. You're just a bundle of knowledge lol thanks again:)) xx
The 3 settings are a rugby ball on its side (right down where I put the red circle) then a circle pattern in the centre setting & the rugby ball stood tall on the top setting so the red circle is on the top of the gun (like in my first picture ;)).

So if it's set down to the side you should get a nice wide but short spray pattern.

The 3 settings are a rugby ball on its side (right down where I put the red circle) then a circle pattern in the centre setting & the rugby ball stood tall on the top setting so the red circle is on the top of the gun (like in my first picture ;)).

So if it's set down to the side you should get a nice wide but short spray pattern.

Have been sitting thinking about this and tbh I thought this was the setting for spraying horizontally. Think I'm having a blonde day lol. Will def do this next time. Thanks for your advice bb xx

Hi. Im new to spray tanning but discovered the 3 settings and have used the correct one. However when i set the gun to 4ish i found too much tan came out of it and tan ended up bit scaly (is this the cause?) So turned down to 3ish. Could this be dependent on solution?
I was going to ring sienna to see?
Assistance Appreciated!!
Xx

Latest posts

Back