TS20 does 15?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyndseyD

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I have just spoken to a trainer for a well known spray tan company and although they do offer the TS50 they usually only provide the TS20 machine in the starter kit. I explained that although mobile, I would like to be able to do tan parties and be able to spray 7 or 8 people consecutively and I had been reliably informed that the TS20 would only perform around 4 tans in a row before needing to cool down. She said that was not the case and the TS20 will easily do up to 15 tans before needing a break? What are your thoughts? Anyone tried this? Am I safe enough or should I just spend the extra £50 and get the TS50? xx

The TS20 will do 15 tans a DAY, not 15 in a row.

It will do 3/4 before it needs 20 mins or so to cool down. If you tried to do 15 tans in a row you would blow the motor up and kill the machine.

You do need the TS50 to do tanning parties of 7/8/9 etc...

The TS20 will do 15 tans a DAY, not 15 in a row.

It will do 3/4 before it needs 20 mins or so to cool down. If you tried to do 15 tans in a row you would blow the motor up and kill the machine.

You do need the TS50 to do tanning parties of 7/8/9 etc...
Thanks baggybear, that's what I thought. The girl said it's no bother for her to order me the TS50 instead. It's so confusing as more often than not I will probably only do 3-4 a week if I'm lucky (I only work part time as I have another job) but On the off chance I'm lucky enough to get a group booking I don't want to have to turn it down. Is it worth the extra £50 ontop of the other expense for 'on the off chance?' decisions decisions!
You use La tanning don't you? Any advice on waht solutions I should order to start me off? Also did you train with them and how did you find it? Sorry for all the questions! xx

I think the TS50 is worth the extra now for a machine that will do any amount of tans you ask of it. You may decide to go full time beauty at some point in the future and this machine would mean you could do all the tans you like but if you bought the TS20 you would still be limited to a max of 15 a day and larger groups would mean you needing to rest the machine as much as possible to avoid killing it.

Although it seems expensive the machine should last you years and who knows where we will be or what we will be doing next year or the year after that.

Yes I use LA Tan. I would say get 10%, 12% and fast if it is 3 litres you get free and add the 14% if it is 4 lirtres free (I'm unsure how many litres you get in the new kit lol). The most popular is usually 12% with the some wanting darker and some wanting lighter and then you would have the fast for anyone wanting either side of those colours.

No I didn't train with LA Tan. I trained with a local company and then researched like mad, I did a blind trial (where the models did not know what brand tan they were having but I had it all written down) and the trial found LA Tan to be the prefered solution of myself and my clients.

I think the TS50 is worth the extra now for a machine that will do any amount of tans you ask of it. You may decide to go full time beauty at some point in the future and this machine would mean you could do all the tans you like but if you bought the TS20 you would still be limited to a max of 15 a day and larger groups would mean you needing to rest the machine as much as possible to avoid killing it.

Although it seems expensive the machine should last you years and who knows where we will be or what we will be doing next year or the year after that.

Yes I use LA Tan. I would say get 10%, 12% and fast if it is 3 litres you get free and add the 14% if it is 4 lirtres free (I'm unsure how many litres you get in the new kit lol). The most popular is usually 12% with the some wanting darker and some wanting lighter and then you would have the fast for anyone wanting either side of those colours.

No I didn't train with LA Tan. I trained with a local company and then researched like mad, I did a blind trial (where the models did not know what brand tan they were having but I had it all written down) and the trial found LA Tan to be the prefered solution of myself and my clients.
Thanks Baggybear, This is why I love this site so much! You are a mine of information alone and its all very much appreciated. It's 3 litres they offer in the kit and the price they are offering is by far the cheapest I have been able to find and it also includes a full day Guilds accredited training! I am hoping I get a choice of percentage solutions as I've already had people enquiring about fast tan.....everyone's in a hurry nowadays! lol. Thanks again, will let you know how I get on with it xx

Latest posts

Back