Ts50 settings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skindeep72

Reaction score
Ok have asked this before but have just read some other threads and I'm getting confused.

I was told when I first purchased the Ts50 that the settings should be 2-3 then was told 5 with the flat rugby ball even tho I spray vertically. I have just finished reading a thread but it says it should be on vertical not horizontal if your spraying vertically.

So mine is set on flat rugby ball (horizontal) and on 3 but still getting quite a bit of overspray.
Do you think I should put it on tall rugby ball (vertical) and turn it up to 4. Someone please help it is really getting me down. I want to do the best spray tan but at this rate, no chance. HELP:(

Ok have asked this before but have just read some other threads and I'm getting confused.

I was told when I first purchased the Ts50 that the settings should be 2-3 then was told 5 with the flat rugby ball even tho I spray vertically. I have just finished reading a thread but it says it should be on vertical not horizontal if your spraying vertically.

So mine is set on flat rugby ball (horizontal) and on 3 but still getting quite a bit of overspray.
Do you think I should put it on tall rugby ball (vertical) and turn it up to 4. Someone please help it is really getting me down. I want to do the best spray tan but at this rate, no chance. HELP:(
If you are getting a lot of overspray I suspect there are two problems here
1) Your output volume is far to high
2) You are applying solution to far from the skin...should be about 8 inches

Of course these problems are connected...get closer to the skin means you can turn down output volume which means overspray is all but eliminated
HTH

If you are getting a lot of overspray I suspect there are two problems here
1) Your output volume is far to high
2) You are applying solution to far from the skin...should be about 8 inches

Of course these problems are connected...get closer to the skin means you can turn down output volume which means overspray is all but eliminated
HTH

I sprayed a client yesterday with my gun on flat rugby ball and on no. 3 about hands width away from client. I only sprayed her legs as shes new to spray tanning but There was still overspray. Do you think I should change it to the tall rugby ball setting? Thank you for your reply x

I sprayed a client yesterday with my gun on flat rugby ball and on no. 3 about hands width away from client. I only sprayed her legs as shes new to spray tanning but There was still over spray. Do you think I should change it to the tall rugby ball setting? Thank you for your reply x

I would certainly suggest you try it...best way to get the settings right to suite your specific technique
Good luck and keep trying ;0))

I would certainly suggest you try it...best way to get the settings right to suite your specific technique
Good luck and keep trying ;0))

Will do. Thanks again:) x

Will do. Thanks again:) x

Tall rugby ball is for if you are spraying horizontally side to side as its only a narrow spray and can occasionally cause stripes if you spray vertically using this setting I think Hun xxx

Tall rugby ball is for if you are spraying horizontally side to side as its only a narrow spray and can occasionally cause stripes if you spray vertically using this setting I think Hun xxx

I used this setting when doing my very first spray tan. It was fine but I did miss a very small patch on the arm and there was no overspray. I then changed it to flat rugby ball to ensure I sprayed every part of the body but loads of overspray.

I have my first tanning party tomorrow night, there are 6 people wanting tans done and really nervous about the amount of solution that's going to be in her bathroom considering what there is after spraying only 1 person.

There was another thread on here about this (another machine) and was stated that if spraying vertical then it should be set on vertical. My instructions say the exact same but others are saying to set it horizontal if spraying vertical. This is why I'm getting so confused.

I am so dreading tomorrow night:( x

I used this setting when doing my very first spray tan. It was fine but I did miss a very small patch on the arm and there was no overspray. I then changed it to flat rugby ball to ensure I sprayed every part of the body but loads of overspray.

I have my first tanning party tomorrow night, there are 6 people wanting tans done and really nervous about the amount of solution that's going to be in her bathroom considering what there is after spraying only 1 person.

There was another thread on here about this (another machine) and was stated that if spraying vertical then it should be set on vertical. My instructions say the exact same but others are saying to set it horizontal if spraying vertical. This is why I'm getting so confused.

I am so dreading tomorrow night:( x

Have you tried tightening the ring cap at the front slightly I found the looser it was the more solution would come out. Don't over tighten it though or too little will come out! Its taken me a while to get to grips with the TS50 but I feel more comfortable with it now. I now have it on number 4, hope that all makes sense.

Gem x

Ok so just used mine for the first time = DISASTER!!!! Haha

Have you tried tightening the ring cap at the front slightly I found the looser it was the more solution would come out. Don't over tighten it though or too little will come out! Its taken me a while to get to grips with the TS50 but I feel more comfortable with it now. I now have it on number 4, hope that all makes sense.

Gem x

Will try this. Thanks. x

Ok so just used mine for the first time = DISASTER!!!! Haha

Oh dear. I have actually emailed my supplier twice but have had no reply yet!!! I wonder why lol.

Agree with the above advice, give it a clean. That's what I had done as soon as I received mine. Maybe some dust lodged in there. Tbh all this hype about this machine being great.....not so much lol x

It might be that people are using the terms "vertical" and "horizontal" differently to you that is causing the confusion. For example, in your post where you mentioned...

Do you think I should put it on tall rugby ball (vertical) and turn it up to 4.

...This is different to how I'd describe it. I'd say that, on my gun, I'd need to have the nozzle vertical in order to have a flat rugby ball, and a horizontal nozzle for a tall rugby ball.

Although, I've just Googled the TS50 and the nozzle is completelyyy different to mine (I hadn't realised this before!) so hopefully someone else can help you!

Gem x

Sorry I forgot to ask which ball you have yours set on. Thanks again x

It might be that people are using the terms "vertical" and "horizontal" differently to you that is causing the confusion. For example, in your post where you mentioned...

...This is different to how I'd describe it. I'd say that, on my gun, I'd need to have the nozzle vertical in order to have a flat rugby ball, and a horizontal nozzle for a tall rugby ball.

Although, I've just Googled the TS50 and the nozzle is completelyyy different to mine (I hadn't realised this before!) so hopefully someone else can help you!

Aaaah, that's maybe why. Thanks for replying. Hopefully will get it sorted but been at it for weeks and just can't seem to get the right setting:( x

Just taken my Helia gun apart for the first time to clean it and can't get the needle out! I'm using the tool to try and twist, but it won't twist? An I doing something wrong or do you think there's something up? Xxx

Just taken my Helia gun apart for the first time to clean it and can't get the needle out! I'm using the tool to try and twist, but it won't twist? An I doing something wrong or do you think there's something up? Xxx
give it a good push down so that the tool sits over the needle correctly and twist it to the left. lefty loosey.. righty tighty :lol: if it still wont come use a pair of pliers and get hold of the cross part of the needle not the tip and give it a good firm twist theres a video of me cleaning the ts50 and explaining the gun settings here Cleaning helia ts50 spray tanning Gun - YouTube

Sorry I forgot to ask which ball you have yours set on. Thanks again x

If your holding the gun away from you, as if your about to tan, the grey nozzle should be as far left as it can go. It's taken me a while to get used to this gun (my first gun) but I've found adjusting the ring at the front and altering the number setting, then doing the kitchen roll test has really helped. Also a few weeks after having my gun I decided I better read the instruction book that come with it! And it did show a picture of the best spray pattern.

Hope that helps x

give it a good push down so that the tool sits over the needle correctly and twist it to the left. lefty loosey.. righty tighty :lol: if it still wont come use a pair of pliers and get hold of the cross part of the needle not the tip and give it a good firm twist theres a video of me cleaning the ts50 and explaining the gun settings here Cleaning helia ts50 spray tanning Gun - YouTube

Thanks Steve, I'll give that a go! Watched the video, it was very helpful, I just got stumped when I couldn't get the needle out! Lol. Thank you xxx

Thanks Steve, I'll give that a go! Watched the video, it was very helpful, I just got stumped when I couldn't get the needle out! Lol. Thank you xxx

Every time I clean my gun I always end up putting this vid on but have to keep pausing it as I can't keep up, must be too slow lol.

Had a tanning party last night and was dreading it (overspray) but after reading the advice above (sorry don't know how to quote more than 1 on same post) about the retaining ring, I tightened this and had it set on 3. Was so worried about her bathroom being covered but after spraying 6 clients there was always going to be some. Yes there was but nowhere near as much as I thought. It was very noticeable on her sink her tiles and floor are black/brown, gave them a wipe over so all in all very pleased.

My sis txt me this morn and informed me everyone was more than happy with their nouvatans. My first spray tan party was a success lol:)x

Every time I clean my gun I always end up putting this vid on but have to keep pausing it as I can't keep up, must be too slow lol.

Had a tanning party last night and was dreading it (overspray) but after reading the advice above (sorry don't know how to quote more than 1 on same post) about the retaining ring, I tightened this and had it set on 3. Was so worried about her bathroom being covered but after spraying 6 clients there was always going to be some. Yes there was but nowhere near as much as I thought. It was very noticeable on her sink her tiles and floor are black/brown, gave them a wipe over so all in all very pleased.

My sis txt me this morn and informed me everyone was more than happy with their nouvatans. My first spray tan party was a success lol:)x

Woohoo!!! Well done :) xx

Latest posts

Back