Tumor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nails_4_U

Reaction score
I had the doctors discover a tumor near my right ovary. It is "quite large" 8cmx4cmx6cm. Ct scan showed it is a mature teratoma which is most likely benign for my age group but I am now awaiting surgery and biopsy, hopefully next Friday. It has displace my uterus to my left side and it pulling on my bowel which is causing alot of pain. I am wondering if any fellow geeks have experienced anything like this and maybe offer support because to be honest I'm slightly freaking out here :(

So sorry to hear this OP. The 20 year old daughter of one of my best friends experienced something very similar about 6 months ago. She had surgery and has made a full recovery, so please try and think positively! Big hugs xxxx

So sorry to hear this OP. The 20 year old daughter of one of my best friends experienced something very similar about 6 months ago. She had surgery and has made a full recovery, so please try and think positively! Big hugs xxxx
Thanks darl. Have only known a week and a half and it been a loooooong week. Have my appt with the gyno on tuesday and hopefully surgery that Friday. Just can't wait for it to be over and back to normal. :)

If it's any help, the nicer name for this is dermoid cyst. The word teratoma sounds so NASTY. They are mostly always benign and you will bounce back really quickly (I'm a nurse).

Big hugs

If it's any help, the nicer name for this is dermoid cyst. The word teratoma sounds so NASTY. They are mostly always benign and you will bounce back really quickly (I'm a nurse).

Big hugs

Does sound alot nicer lol. All I have to go by at the moment is a ct report. Doctors here are very basic and mostly foreign which the language barrier makes it hard. Have such a wait because the hospital here only allocates 3 hrs a week for gyno. Redicullas!

This is really odd. My friend went in for prolapse surgery on Monday and when they 'went in' they found a dermoid cyst on her left ovary the size of a grapefruit! They didn't do the planned surgery and instead removed the cyst - all laparoscopic. I've just put the phone down after speaking to her! She was fine...a bit sore but nothing too bad at all! Id never heard of this type of cyst until today and then I hear about it twice in an hour!

The really strange thing is, I did Reflexology on her last week for the first time and picked up a problem with her ovary/Fallopian tube, but she said she didn't have a problem, so we put it down to the prolapse...she now thinks I'm a witch!

Good luck in your surgery...you'll be fine though. Xxx

I know someone that had something similar and it went fine, all over and done with very quickly and shes fine now. I know it is worrying when you get told these things and it instantly makes you think the worst. But im sure everything will be fine and i wish you luck with the surgery. Keep us all posted

Thank you to everyone and your reassurance and kind words. I deep down know its going to be ok it's just odd knowing that there is something there that's not ment to be there. Just want it out, it's my body lol!

I know it seems scary but make sure you try to keep relaxed.

I've never heard of this but the feedback from the other geeks seems positive.

Could you call your GP / Doctor to find out more?

Sending big hugs and positive thoughts your way hun xx

Hiya, I've no personal experience of this but just wanted to send you speedy recovery vibes. Make sure you take good care of yourself xx

Hi There ,

I had a dermoid cyst removed from my right ovary two years ago . Op went fine . Recovery took me about 3 weeks but then I am a lot older than you and don't recover as well- LOL

It will be fine

Forgot to say, doc told my friend she should only need a week off work! Xxx

Hi Hun had to write! I've had loads of probs since being 22 I'm now nearer 40.. I had a 15cm cyst removed and was fine I know it won't stop you worrying but if wasn't as bad I thought really thinking of you and I will send you a message tomorrow, here if you need to chat xxx

This is really weird, I also had an 8cm cyst on my left ovary. Had endometriosis too. So went and got keyhole to drain the cyst, then had to wait 3wks(the longest) for my results. On the last day of my 3wks my consultant called me, he did say if you don't hear nothing it's good news, so when I heard him i knew it was bad. My cyst was borderline cancerous, I had to go in and get my ovary and tube removed. Very scary but I got through it.

I was due to get a hysterectomy last year but discovered I was pregnant with my daughter. That was a really big surprise.

So my daughter is 5 months now and I know something is not right, I have been referred up to hospital again for a scan and a colonoscopy. Am very very nervous think it's because of what has happened before.

It is very worrying, if you have a lot of support you will get through it. I dont mean to worry you or scare you just wanted to shared experience, am still here and am feeling very positive this time round. I hope all goes well for you.

xxxx

Gosh amazing how a few of us have had issues that are soo similar ! I had my hysterectomy at 29 the best thing ever! But if everything not removed the endometriosis grows back ...
I've had 11 operations in total some key hole some major, I'm 37 now it was worrying each time, but glad to get through it- hrt implant is fab. Xxx

This is really weird, I also had an 8cm cyst on my left ovary. Had endometriosis too. So went and got keyhole to drain the cyst, then had to wait 3wks(the longest) for my results. On the last day of my 3wks my consultant called me, he did say if you don't hear nothing it's good news, so when I heard him i knew it was bad. My cyst was borderline cancerous, I had to go in and get my ovary and tube removed. Very scary but I got through it.

I was due to get a hysterectomy last year but discovered I was pregnant with my daughter. That was a really big surprise.

So my daughter is 5 months now and I know something is not right, I have been referred up to hospital again for a scan and a colonoscopy. Am very very nervous think it's because of what has happened before.

It is very worrying, if you have a lot of support you will get through it. I dont mean to worry you or scare you just wanted to shared experience, am still here and am feeling very positive this time round. I hope all goes well for you.

xxxx

Thanks for sharing your story with me. I hope that everything is ok. I have felt not right for months now and everyone was calling me a hupercondriact (sp?) but it was reassuring to know I wasn't crazy lol.

I hope your operation goes well and clears everything up hun!
My sister has just been told she has Endometriosis for the second time and it's got so big they're removing her left ovary, she's only 24 and already has 3 kids so to her it's not a big deal as she's not planning on having any more for a good few years! Shes always in pain and it might have moved to her bowels so the operation will only tell and hopefully she won't get it again :( xx

Just wanted to say good luck and I'll say a little prayer for you x

Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts :hug:

Latest posts

Back