Turn VTCT qualifications to NVQ ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boop

Reaction score
Evening all,

Over the last 2 years i have done VTCT Level 2 evening ourses in Nail Treatments, Nail Technology and also Cosmetic make-up (which included some eye treatments), i would of like to of done Beauty Therapy Level 2 at the time of starting these but due to full time work commitments and no part time eve courses available ive had to do seperate courses. Now, does anyone know if there is anything i can do to add to my training to qualify for the NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy? (This may be a daft question:rolleyes:) but if anyone knows id appreciate some light shed!!

Thanks in advance xxx

Some of the girls in my NVQ2 course were there to convert the same qualifications you did into their NVQ2, but they mostly ended up doing the whole lot again but I suppose it may change from college to college.

Evening all,

Over the last 2 years i have done VTCT Level 2 evening ourses in Nail Treatments, Nail Technology and also Cosmetic make-up (which included some eye treatments), i would of like to of done Beauty Therapy Level 2 at the time of starting these but due to full time work commitments and no part time eve courses available ive had to do seperate courses. Now, does anyone know if there is anything i can do to add to my training to qualify for the NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy? (This may be a daft question:rolleyes:) but if anyone knows id appreciate some light shed!!

Thanks in advance xxx

Level 2 consists of make- up,eye treatments,waxing,mani,pedi,facials,hair bleaching(on the body not head,lol)...think that's it,so you could speak to a lecturer in your college and ask if you could cross reference the make-up,eye treatments and possibly the nail tech,then you may only have to do the waxing , facials etc.

Dont quote me on this though,it may not be possible with your particular qualifications and all colleges differ,for example our college required us to do level 2 beauty and Swedish body massage level 3 BEFORE we were allowed to do level 3 beauty therapy and yet there are geeks that have said they know colleges that allowed students to take their level 3 Swedish alongside their level 3 beauty...so just goes to show.

The only way to really find out is to ring around your local colleges,armed with you qualification details etc and see what they suggest.

Good luck:hug:HTH

Thanks for both responses x

babsann, thanks for your help. it was the waxing and facials that i wanted to do in particular next but obviously not go over everything i have already covered! ill give highbury a call after the new year and see what they can offer.
thanks xx:)

Latest posts

Back