Turning a Client away?!?!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aquarius Beauty

Reaction score
This evening I turned a facial away as she had a cold sore...I did offer her anther treatment but she was fine and will book again once it's gone.
Would you other geeks have done the same or worked round the area? Just interested in your comments. Thanks Lorraine

No way. I never treat clients with cold sores. I remember back at college, being sent home for having one!
They are highly contagious and I think you did the right thing.Although it's a right pain in the butt turning them away! Some salons offer discounts on the next treatment if this happens but I don't see why they should xxx

I did offer an other treatment and I know she'll be back, I didn't see it as soon as I saw her it was while she was filling out her card and we were having a chat, anyway Hubby's happy he just had an Indulgence Facial :)

Thanks Again xx

Like Kylie said cold sores are contagious.

You did the right thing.

Yep. I have done the same thing, not only do you risk cross infection, but I was told in training that you could also spread her cold sore to other parts of her face. She has the virus in her system already and so if she is prone to outbreaks elsewhere then you risk her suffering a further outbreak elsewhere.

tigi

You did the right thing hun. xx

100% you did the correct thing. :hug:

I'm just curious to know how your client took it - was she devastated?

hiya sunspray - no she was coolio :) - as soon as i said it, she said oh of course :irked: can i pay you for your trouble as you now don't have a client.

Of course I said NO!!! lol

hiya sunspray - no she was coolio :) - as soon as i said it, she said oh of course :irked: can i pay you for your trouble as you now don't have a client.

Of course I said NO!!! lol

Bless her what an understanding client

A year ago, I refused (it hurt me too!) to do a client whose nails were so badly bitten they were infected. Low and behold, she came back about 2 months ago and although her nails were not infected I advised her (painful again for me that it was) that the nails would only last a couple of days as she only had c2mm of nail. Again to my surprise, they lasted for 4 weeks (I know the poor thing must have treated them like babies all that time) and the transformation to her nails is incredible. She is getting married in July so that has helped spurr her on. She has not bitten her nails since having enhancements and her hands are lovely now.

I think if the client is advised in a diplomatic way, they will have higher regard for you in the long run.:)

You definitely did the right thing. I would have done the same.

Yes you are right to refuse her.

I remember at college being told not to treat clients with coldsores in level 2 but then during my level 3 i had to treat one even though i told my tutor i didn't want to. I avoided the whole mouth area and threw my facial sponges away afterwards! The whole thing felt just wrong!

BB

I can't believe that she expected to have a facial ? surely she must realise how contagious (sp) they are ? I suffer from the occasional coldsore and treat it like I've got the plague :lol:, I hate even going into public with it.

When my bloke worked elsewher, there was a girl in their office that had coldsores around her mouth, up by her nose and around her eyes, this is what she could potentionally have exposed herself to, mad lol

I get coldsores and they do interfere with all sorts - no trips to the dentist allowed with one so have to rearrange appointment etc, not allowed to give blood so have to wait another few months to do that, no snogging and no treatments allowed. Boooo!

Latest posts

Back