Turning garage into salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry only just saw this the shelf is from ikea it's grey metal painted cream with Annie sloan original paint x

Thankyou! Have had a little look on Ikea site but not sure which one it is, do you know the name of it ? Sorry to be a pain :) x

Thankyou! Have had a little look on Ikea site but not sure which one it is, do you know the name of it ? Sorry to be a pain :) x

Sorry no I couldn't find it either so maybe discontinued but if you google grey metal shelf ikea loads come up in images & are advertised on eBay x

Ladies! I don't know if this helps anyone BUT I've just checked with our mortgage provider (natwest!) as we're buying a new build, and they said once I'm not converting 25% of the house (which I won't be as the garage is tiny!) our mortgage is straight forward!! No add Ons or extras. Safe to say I'm buzzing!! 😄☺️

I turned mine into a salon 4 years ago and it has worked fab. I rang the council too because they can charge business rates still but spoke to that many different people they said it wasn't necessary and I've never been charged. I changed the door to a normal door too.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1384297435182.jpg
    1384297435182.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,065
I turned mine into a salon 4 years ago and it has worked fab. I rang the council too because they can charge business rates still but spoke to that many different people they said it wasn't necessary and I've never been charged. I changed the door to a normal door too.

Hi - just wondering if you were required to have a toilet/bathroom fitted in your garage to be a salon?

Hi - just wondering if you were required to have a toilet/bathroom fitted in your garage to be a salon?

Something I've wondered for a long time!!
Even a sink for water and etc ?

Hi, I've put a backwash in because boiler was in garage anyway, I've a downstairs toilet next to it but to be honest no-one has ever been round and checked anything. Just pay your tax and public liability and you should be ok, you can ring your local council and let them know what your doing but they'll probably not bother coming out to you.

Oh and my buildings and content insurance is with santander and they know I work from home

Hi I'm also currently setting up a salon from home but as I don't have a garage I was considering building a wooden cabin styled shed in my back garden has anyone built on before?

Hi I'm also currently setting up a salon from home but as I don't have a garage I was considering building a wooden cabin styled shed in my back garden has anyone built on before?

Most people but them I think. Make sure it's insulated either way :)

We've just had ours done. I do Gelish nails and Nouvatan and we had an outside toilet in the garden which was behind the garage so we had it knocked through and it's now a wet room and I tan in there. I've just trained in waxing so am starting to offer that too and I trained to do ear piercing a couple of months ago. I'm still doing an office job and so am only part time doing beauty at the moment but I'm hoping to build up the business and be able to do it full time at some point. Just bought a Christmas tree today so had to put it up! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385249484.410225.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385249209.840447.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385249228.974352.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385249242.826277.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385249269.158639.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385249281.962126.jpg

We've just had ours done. I do Gelish nails and Nouvatan and we had an outside toilet in the garden which was behind the garage so we had it knocked through and it's now a wet room and I tan in there. I've just trained in waxing so am starting to offer that too and I trained to do ear piercing a couple of months ago. I'm still doing an office job and so am only part time doing beauty at the moment but I'm hoping to build up the business and be able to do it full time at some point. Just bought a Christmas tree today so had to put it up! View attachment 48724View attachment 48719View attachment 48720View attachment 48721View attachment 48722View attachment 48723

Wow it's beautiful!
All the best :) xx

Thanks! I love it! X

Very swanky! I'd love a shower room like that in our house! Enjoy your lovely room! x

Thanks! It means that we've added an extra bedroom and bathroom if the business doesn't work so it has put much more value on the house. That's my justification anyway!!!

Could I please ask cloughers what you have done to the garage door? By the way amazing glad you put the after pictures on you should be thrilled.xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi! Sorry I've just seen this!
I've planned to put a toilet in anyway not that many people would use it as the majority never ask anyway but still I'm sure it's required??

We've just had ours done. I do Gelish nails and Nouvatan and we had an outside toilet in the garden which was behind the garage so we had it knocked through and it's now a wet room and I tan in there. I've just trained in waxing so am starting to offer that too and I trained to do ear piercing a couple of months ago. I'm still doing an office job and so am only part time doing beauty at the moment but I'm hoping to build up the business and be able to do it full time at some point. Just bought a Christmas tree today so had to put it up! View attachment 48724View attachment 48719View attachment 48720View attachment 48721View attachment 48722View attachment 48723

Very nice it is too! Hope the walls are ok and not brown now!

Could I please ask cloughers what you have done to the garage door? By the way amazing glad you put the after pictures on you should be thrilled.xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

The garage door was taken out and a window put in so it just looks like the house is double fronted.

Very nice it is too! Hope the walls are ok and not brown now!

One wall was a bit brown Jo but we did do a few tans in a row! It just washes off those tiles anyway. Have you done any clients yet? x

Latest posts

Back