Turning garage into salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlushBeauty1

Reaction score
I'm seriously thinking about converting my garage into a beauty salon but I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing. I have an existing clientele and would promote myself with a lot of advertising. My garage right now is an empty shell and I'd be happy to change the door and add windows etc. Has anyone done this to their own garage or know anyone that has? How does this work with insurance etc? Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I'm seriously thinking about converting my garage into a beauty salon but I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing. I have an existing clientele and would promote myself with a lot of advertising. My garage right now is an empty shell and I'd be happy to change the door and add windows etc. Has anyone done this to their own garage or know anyone that has? How does this work with insurance etc? Thanks :)

Hi, we had our garage converted and now I use it for my nail room.:) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379610474.569437.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379610486.937334.jpg.

Thanks very much for posting pics it looks lovely! I'm seriously considering doing it, so much cheaper than paying rent & factors!

Our garage was converted years ago, and two years ago I turned it into my treatment room. It's awesome because the door to the room is in the hall way right next to the front door so no one has to walk through the house to get to it. Here's mine (was playing with the panoramic setting on my phone today!) xImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379618290.134764.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379618305.849084.jpg

That looks great thanks for sharing! Do you find you get a lot of clients?

If you have a mortgage please get there permission, last thing you want is possible repo due to a breach of the terms and conditions of the mortgage. Any mortgages for homes are residential only. If you do have a mortgage and want any info on getting this authorised by your lender don't hesitate to PM me! :) not only am I a hair extension geek I also work in the mortgage industry as a collector and a financial advisor :) xxx

There's a good chance you'll need planning permission.

Thanks for all the advice :) x

It's a great ides, a lot less over heads then a normal salon... My hair dresser who also does beauty works from her garage and its AMAZING! You'd never know your in a garage, it's beautiful! :) yeah also change of use at your council if applicable in your area and there permission etc! :) any advice lemme know :D willing to help fellow geeks! Xxx

Our garage was converted years ago, and two years ago I turned it into my treatment room. It's awesome because the door to the room is in the hall way right next to the front door so no one has to walk through the house to get to it. Here's mine (was playing with the panoramic setting on my phone today!) xView attachment 43284View attachment 43285

Gorgeous! X

If you have a mortgage please get there permission, last thing you want is possible repo due to a breach of the terms and conditions of the mortgage. Any mortgages for homes are residential only. If you do have a mortgage and want any info on getting this authorised by your lender don't hesitate to PM me! :) not only am I a hair extension geek I also work in the mortgage industry as a collector and a financial advisor :) xxx

Hello there - I'm trying to send you a PM but you need to delete some of your messages to receive it? Lol

e4yhy3as.jpg

Did mine last year. We kept a small amount of the garage as was, so it didn't change the front of the house, installed an electric roll door to allow more space.
It's great that clients don't have to come through the house to access.
Low more space
www.nail-ific.co.uk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hello there - I'm trying to send you a PM but you need to delete some of your messages to receive it? Lol

Hi yes I've deleted a load now, feel free to PM me again :) sorry! I loose track on deleting the things lol xx

Mine was converted years ago was a kids playroom first, then I took it over for my beauty room :) clients come through front door turn left through study (waiting area/reception) into beauty room works perfectly for me xxImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383039343.988967.jpg, ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1383039365.653287.jpg

That's such a fab idea ...I'd love this x

I'm also planning on doing this as soon as we move into the new house which won't be till feb/march next year, the garage looks like a normal room except its spacier, I won't need to change anything except for the walls, the floor has nice tiles already. All it needs is decoration :)

Mine was converted years ago was a kids playroom first, then I took it over for my beauty room :) clients come through front door turn left through study (waiting area/reception) into beauty room works perfectly for me xxView attachment 46558, View attachment 46559

Your room is lovely! Can I ask where you got your shelf with the body shop products on ? It's exactly the sort of thing I've been looking for:) x

Your room is lovely! Can I ask where you got your shelf with the body shop products on ? It's exactly the sort of thing I've been looking for:) x

Sorry only just saw this the shelf is from ikea it's grey metal painted cream with Annie sloan original paint x

Latest posts

Back