TV friendly in W. London or Farnborough/Basingstoke area?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyatv

Reaction score
Hello,

What a great site, I'm glad I stumbled upon it!

I'm an occasional transvestite, got a big event in March and I'd love to get my nails done beforehand. Could any of you recommend (or work at) a friendly salon (not too busy as I won't be dressed up!) or tech in West London or Farnborough to Basingstoke area?

I had them done last year but I've since learned that electric files are not so good. There are plenty near where I work but I'm not too sure about how I'll be recieved and I've since heard horror stories about what some cheaper salons have done to peoples nails with their gadgets!

Best Regards,

Tom.

hi tom
and welcome to the site, it is nice to see you have done your homework about the e-files etc although the file itself is not bad for your nails it just depends on how it is used, a lot of salons use the electric file with no training and nss use it to rough the nail plate so the "nasty" mma acrylic will adhere to your nail, ema acrylic does not need this rough surface and if so much more kinder to you
im sure any good nail tech/salon will welcome you just the same as any other client but if you are unsure there are many mobile techs out there, if i was closer to you and not in the middle of moveing house i would do your nails for you
this is a great site and im sure you will find someone who can help:)
ps; have a great time with whareever it is you are going in march:)

Hiya

If you would like a manicure, Andy, aka Axiom will help you Axiom Bodyworks | Male Grooming

If you would like enhancements I can do them for you, I'm based in Earley xx

Hi there, :)
There is a Bio Sculpture salon in Fleet if thats any good,Bio is a soak of gel that is kinder to the natural nail,comes in a lovely range of colours!!

Hi there, :)
There is a Bio Sculpture salon in Fleet if thats any good,Bio is a soak of gel that is kinder to the natural nail,comes in a lovely range of colours!!

Is this a tv friendly salon hun?

Try BCOT (Basingstoke College of Technology) when I was training I took my hubbie in a few times as I was short of models and they didnt care.
You could always phone the lecturer first to discuss and she could get you in on a quieter day, her names Alice Cullen.

Thanks to those who have replied so far,

Just to be clear, I am looking for enhancements, to add about 5mm of free edge, any more and I'll have trouble doing my shoe laces! Just a discrete natural look on the day because I'm travelling for a couple of days before the event - I don't want to raise too many eyebrows in the pub - I'm a fairly manly-man in real life! My wife will paint on some sparkly polish on the night!

Just to encourage you (!) I hope there'll be repeat business where we can go to town a little more in the future!

Thanks for ruths info, is there anyone further west in London though?

Tom

Just bumping this up a bit,
we have lots of great techs down that way,
come on girls let yourselves be known :hug:

Inspirations (Carol) is in Basingstoke.

Thanks to those who have replied so far,

Just to be clear, I am looking for enhancements, to add about 5mm of free edge, any more and I'll have trouble doing my shoe laces! Just a discrete natural look on the day because I'm travelling for a couple of days before the event - I don't want to raise too many eyebrows in the pub - I'm a fairly manly-man in real life! My wife will paint on some sparkly polish on the night!

Just to encourage you (!) I hope there'll be repeat business where we can go to town a little more in the future!

Thanks for ruths info, is there anyone further west in London though?

Tom
Hi Tonya

Nice to see your message on here and I can vouch for the fact that a polite enquiry is always the best way to test the situation. I too am a transgendered M2F person and have had some very good experiences now of hair, nail and waxing salons around my local (Reading) area.

I have found that whenever I have approached a salon in an enquiring and sensitive manner, I have always received a warm and welcoming reply. As a result I have been to the same hair salon in Woodley now a number of times (please see the links page on my own website Jaye's homepage) and also now have regular treatments with a local (Earley-based) beautician (Zo Zo on this site) whom I can thoroughly recommend for a range of services.

About 5 weeks ago I was a model for a full intimate waxing which involved Zo Zo and Andy from Axiom in Basingstoke. I was delighted with the results and had my second full wax only this past week.

I hope this may be of help. All the best for the future.

Warmest wishes.
Jaye

think she means transvestite friendly hun ,:green:

To my mind a tv friendly therapist is simply one who is happy to treat transvestite clients. I personally am perfectly happy, but I appreciate others may not be x

hi and welcome

good luck for your event in March

think she means transvestite friendly hun ,:green:
LOL........I'm well aware what tv stands for. I meant, the friendly bit.

To my mind a tv friendly therapist is simply one who is happy to treat transvestite clients. I personally am perfectly happy, but I appreciate others may not be x
Oh I see! I would have thought that this day and age, all salons would be tv friendly.

doh !!! i thought we where on about televisions !!!

I don't care who is wearing what when they come to me...as long as thy are wearing something ...:lol:

Hi and welcome to the site ,
hey I think it would be great to have a hubby who would let you practice make up and nails
and go shopping with too ,
or even just a day out to try stuff on or I would end up spending a fortune though ,

I think wow, you would have a best friend and hubby all in one ,
I think I might be a bit jealous that he looked better than me though :)

Ill bet your make up is fab when it is applied , do you do all your own make up too ? :hug: x

good luck finding someone near to you :hug: x

Oh I see! I would have thought that this day and age, all salons would be tv friendly.

Sadly no. If this were the case I don't think Tonya would have started the thread.

Latest posts

Back