TV Reality Shows ... Hit or Miss?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodle

Premium Geek
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of tv reality shows ... that's an understatement, as I am probably well and truly addicted !

My particular favourites are:-

The Apprentice ... although don't think I could do all those tasks !
Big Brother ... compulsive viewing.
X-Factor ... love the auditions !
Super Nanny ... Jo Frost, a nanny'ing sensation !
Hell's Kitchen ... better with Gordon Ramsay and celebs, I think.

Ones I'd rather miss are:-

Strictly Come Dancing ... nice dresses, but that's all.
The Farm ... what's that all about ?
Coach Trip ... boring, very boring.

Are you hooked too ? Which tv reality shows do you HAVE to watch, and which would you rather miss ?

I'm afraid I am an addict too - must have an addictive personality! I enjoy:

X-Factor ... love the auditions

total addict, i will watch any thing with a celeb in it. i love watching celebs in there homes and on shoot i really liked jordon and peter, i think she gets a lot of slack. but i think shes great. xx

I love them as well

Big brother just ahve to watch it
Supernanny you never know i may need the little tricks in her book
Pop Idol for the ones who don't get through lol
strictly come dancing i love this one
Hell's Kitchen loved Gordon but enjoying John Christophe's tantrums as well
x

big addict too!!

hells kitchen
xfactor
bb
supernanny
strictly dance fever
pop idol

my list goes on!! lol
xx

Not that I watch much tv these days, but I like
Big Brother
X Factor / Pop Idol etc - the early auditions!
Strictly Come Dancing
The singing one on Saturday night on ITV - cos they're all singers from my late teens and it makes me nostalgic

What I can't stand is all these so called Celebrity things with either has-beens, or never-had-it-in-the-first-place, or Who-are-they-never-heard-of-thems? The latest was that Wrestling thing on Saturday, James Hewitt, Kate Lawler, and that bloke who is a celebrity purely for going out with Jade Goody ................. and while we're on the subject of Jade Goody, what is she all about? A celebrity for crying about a verucca and getting her baps out!!!!!

Bring back some good dramas. that's what I say .........
Okay off soapbox now!

i know wot u mean, a bit like that beardsley women who was on celebrity fit club! arghhh
Sassy Hassy said:
Not that I watch much tv these days, but I like
Big Brother
X Factor / Pop Idol etc - the early auditions!
Strictly Come Dancing
The singing one on Saturday night on ITV - cos they're all singers from my late teens and it makes me nostalgic

What I can't stand is all these so called Celebrity things with either has-beens, or never-had-it-in-the-first-place, or Who-are-they-never-heard-of-thems? The latest was that Wrestling thing on Saturday, James Hewitt, Kate Lawler, and that bloke who is a celebrity purely for going out with Jade Goody ................. and while we're on the subject of Jade Goody, what is she all about? A celebrity for crying about a verucca and getting her baps out!!!!!

Bring back some good dramas. that's what I say .........
Okay off soapbox now!

can't get enough "REALITY TV"

big brother...BB 2005 - The countdown begins
sooooo addicted i even watch them :zzz:

super nanny...
hell's kitchen...
wife swap...
how clean is your house...it's your dirt dear ???...MINGING !!!

I have heard on the radio today about a new reality show starting, Jade Goody running a beauty salon!
Anyone else heard this?

Big addict too.

Totally love Big Brother, filmed just down the road always massive crowds on eviction nights. Will be avid viewer again this year.

Loved I'm a celeb get me out of here - bush tucker trials..........rather them than me.

maidofstone said:
can't get enough "REALITY TV"

super nanny...
hell's kitchen...
wife swap...
how clean is your house...it's your dirt dear ???...MINGING !!!
omg i forgot about wife swap, that is fantastic

stars r me said:
omg i forgot about wife swap, that is fantastic
Yes, I love this show too ... it's hilarious. Not too keen on I'm a Celebrity ... like the chatter, but not the bush tucker trials ... ugh !

Lorraine1964 said:
I have heard on the radio today about a new reality show starting, Jade Goody running a beauty salon!
Anyone else heard this?

I believe she is a Creative trained nail tech, and I think she has her own beauty salon too.

I'll watch a show if the subject interests me, such as Strictly Come Dancing or Strictly Dance Fever, but I can't stand all these random 'let's get some minor celebrities and get them to do something stupid for 'entertainment' ' type shows. Used to watch some of the original Pop Idols/Popstars shows but got sick of the less talented people getting through because people were voting for them out of sympathy or because they liked them, rather than what they sung like.
Also, a lot of those shows are just fodder for keeping scummy 'celebrities' like James Hewitt and Rebecca Loos on the TV when they should go crawl back under the rocks they came from.....

I don't really have any addictions, but I do enjoy watching things like House Doctor or any decorating programmes. Also, if I can, I like to watch Most Haunted, and during the day Colin Fry. But these days I don't get to watch much tv, I spend spare times on the pc.

Jade used to be a dental nurse before BB (if I remember rightly), can't say I've heard about the beauty business thing.

Pop Idol
X-Factor
American Idol (itv 2)
Wife Swap
I'm a celebrity
Big Brother
OMG I think I'm addicted lmao
Not been that taken with Fame Acadeny though, or Strictly Come Dancing, didn't like Survivor much either...
...perhaps I'm not as addicted as I thought pmsl :D
Ooooh and love the DIY programmes too... am I beyond help??? :eek:

Noodle said:
I'm a big fan of tv reality shows ... that's an understatement, as I am probably well and truly addicted !

My particular favourites are:-

The Apprentice ... although don't think I could do all those tasks !
X-Factor ... love the auditions !
Super Nanny ... Jo Frost, a nanny'ing sensation !

Ones I'd rather miss are:-

Strictly Come Dancing ... nice dresses, but that's all.
The Farm ... what's that all about ?
Coach Trip ... boring, very boring.

Are you hooked too ? Which tv reality shows do you HAVE to watch, and which would you rather miss ?

the apprentice is wicked!....there 4 left who is gonna win???....lol
i like bb... totally addictive summer viewing
super nannys coolio but i always seem to miss it :rolleyes:
i loved fame academy the first series but it kinda wasnt the same when it changed oh well...lol
i cant think of anything else right now brains dead!

Jess
xox

i love

Hells Kitchen
wife swap
super nanny
how clean is your house (but who would dare show their face on tv if your house was that bloody filthy)
x factor

i also love to watch
property ladder
house doctor

Just an update the countdown has begun, I was at the studios today and the work men are putting all he finishing touches in the house
Can't wait to see who is going in this year.

Yes I love most of them great fun my kids also enjoy then so it is a good night in for us!

Ok maybe you get the odd one I am not worried if I miss, but most I will not miss!

Caz xxx

Latest posts

Back