Tweezers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
Hi Geeks. Can anyone personally recommend a really good brand of tweezers? I've bought all of the Tweezermans, and other so called good makes, but I can't find a brand to settle on. These are to use when I shape brows and I don't care how dear or how cheap they are..........they just need to be consistently good. Thanks. x

have you tried batten edwards

I second Chantell's recommendation for Batten Edwards - I've got a pair of their 9cm "OC" tweezers for brow shaping. I prefer a point rather than slanted tweezers for brows, and these babies have got the sharpest point I've come across for really precise tweezing. They've lasted me about 6 months without any degradation to the edge. Cost about £10.

(and I've no idea what the "OC" stands for, lol :D)

Andy x

Used to love Tweezerman until I got pointed ones from Batten Edwards:hug:

i know these are a bit gimmiky but LAtweezers are fab !! they have a little led light that shows up any hair , think they are 5.99 from sallys , who also do some of the nicest and best tweezers i have ever used and they are only £2 or something , i have the purple "bent " ones and the white sharp pointed ones :green:
i have used every type and now always use these :green:, hth

i had a brilliant pair of tweezers since college like 5 years ago, pointed electrolosis ones, they were like an extention of my hand. But then one day, they miraculously went missing.

Ive never found any as good since. :(

will have to give those ones a try!

whre did u get them from andy?

I just looked on the BE website, was gonna cost £17! If i can get them for less then bonus!

Last edited:
Thanks geeks. Batten Edwards here I come. xxx

i had a brilliant pair of tweezers since college like 5 years ago, pointed electrolosis ones, they were like an extention of my hand. But then one day, they miraculously went missing.

Ive never found any as good since. :(

will have to give those ones a try!

whre did u get them from andy?

I just looked on the BE website, was gonna cost £17! If i can get them for less then bonus!

Kate, I got mine from the Salons Direct site that Dee mentioned - just checked and they are just under £10 + VAT. Sound very similar to the ones you describe! :)

here i come too !!!!!!!!!!

been looking for some good tweezers

I do prefer slanted though but will try em !

I have the black ones from boots 'boots own' i found em just as good as my loverly pink tweezermans that too went 'missing' lol

amb x

Thanks geeks. Batten Edwards here I come. xxx

If you are going to Excel the gentleman always has really good show deals.

I know you wnat some now but just for a back up pair:hug:

here i come too !!!!!!!!!!

been looking for some good tweezers

I do prefer slanted though but will try em !

I have the black ones from boots 'boots own' i found em just as good as my loverly pink tweezermans that too went 'missing' lol

amb x

Oooo, I have the black slanted ones from Boots at home! You're right Amb, they are good! :D I can't use slanted ones on other people, though, don't know why - I get all fingers and thumbs! I find the pointy ones do a really good job of isolating individual hairs when shaping brows on clients.

I prefer to use automatic tweezers, they are practically painfree for clients. Ideal for removing bulk hairs quickly.

I prefer to use automatic tweezers, they are practically painfree for clients. Ideal for removing bulk hairs quickly.
What are automatic tweezers? x

tweezerman do some they have like a plastic handle on them, and u kinda squeeze the handles and it grabs and pulls the hair.

Professional tweezers: Buy Professional tweezers online from Salonlines.co.uk, PFB Automatic Professional

although i wouldnt have thought tweezing hairs in bulk was the best idea? :0/
I wax the bulk and tweeze the little ones to perfect!!

I like pointed tweezers because you can see what your doing with them better cuz they are less bullky and like andy says you can isolate hairs better and get the really pesky tiny ones!! also good for 'flicking' ingrown hair out quickly and painlessly!

im a devil for getting every last hair!!

You know - all this time I have been waxing and removing hair I have never tried with the pointy tweezers! :eek: I must give them a try - my clients say they know when I get a pair of tweezers in my hands that I wont stop until I have all the pesky buggers out that we dont want! :lol:

Thougth I had better add that I have always used the slanted tweezers as I havent ever got on with the straight ones.

Last edited:
Oh yeah..........I've had the automatic tweezers. I prefer a slanted tweezer with a good grip but are not too thin at the ends as they tend to break/cut the hairs. Think I'll invent my own. xxx

Oh yeah..........I've had the automatic tweezers. I prefer a slanted tweezer with a good grip but are not too thin at the ends as they tend to break/cut the hairs. Think I'll invent my own. xxx

yeah they act like blades dont they!! snip snip!! with pointy tweezers they will only break / cut the hairs if they are super sharp and / or u grip the hair too tight!

In desperation ive actually plucked my own hairs out with a pair of cuticle nippers before lol. dont ask!

I like the ones that are pointed, but have two flat edges that touch together at the point? make sense?! cuz u have the accuracy and a good grip without having to squeeze too hard and snapping the hair! ive seen some that are total needle point! i couldnt work with those!

Latest posts

Back