Twinkle toes help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traceyashley

Reaction score
Hi i need some advice with doing twinkle toes. I have had a go with the nsi balance but the only problem is that you have to buff it off and dont really like the thought of buffing on toes. I heard a lot of people using soak off gel instead. How would you do it with the soak off? do you first prep them apply a primer then put the soak off gel on then apply the glitter then cure it. And then apply another layer of soak off gel and cure it and then wipe off with cleanser and then cutical oil. Sorry its sounds a bit long but just wanted to double check.

Tracey xxx

I use Gelish so I'm not sure if NSI is the same as I haven't experienced with it.

The way I do it with Gelish is as follow:

Dry prep
Wipe nail with Scrubfresh to dehydrate
Apply base coat - Cure
Apply color coat - Cure
Use a clean brush, dip in isopropyl alcohol and wipe on paper towel
Dip brush in glitter and scrub/press into sticky/tacky layer of cured color coat
Apply top coat - Cure
Feel the nails with your fingers, if rouch/patchy, apply 2nd coat of top coat - Cure
Wipe with isopropyl alcohol to remove sticky/tacky layer

Hope this helps!

I use Gelish so I'm not sure if NSI is the same as I haven't experienced with it.

The way I do it with Gelish is as follow:

Dry prep
Wipe nail with Scrubfresh to dehydrate
Apply base coat - Cure
Apply color coat - Cure
Use a clean brush, dip in isopropyl alcohol and wipe on paper towel
Dip brush in glitter and scrub/press into sticky/tacky layer of cured color coat
Apply top coat - Cure
Feel the nails with your fingers, if rouch/patchy, apply 2nd coat of top coat - Cure
Wipe with isopropyl alcohol to remove sticky/tacky layer

Hope this helps!

Hiya thanks for your reply. Im not planning on using gelish i was thinking of getting the cuccio soak off gel. But im not sure if you have to use a base or if you just put it like normal gel. There is so many product out there and I get so confused lol.

Thanks Hun xxxx

I tried it on my toes with cuccio clear soak off gel and it worked fine. Used pads soaked in acetone and wrapped in foil to remove and was really impressed how easy it came off.

I tried it on my toes with cuccio clear soak off gel and it worked fine. Used pads soaked in acetone and wrapped in foil to remove and was really impressed how easy it came off.

Hi Thanks for your reply :) did you use a base gel first then cure it and then apply the soak off gell and glitter then cure it and then put another layer of gel on then cure it and wipe and finish off with cleanse and cutical oil. Do you also know if you can use a different brand of base to the gel? Hope that makes sence lol

Tracey xxx

Hi Thanks for your reply :) did you use a base gel first then cure it and then apply the soak off gell and glitter then cure it and then put another layer of gel on then cure it and wipe and finish off with cleanse and cutical oil. Do you also know if you can use a different brand of base to the gel? Hope that makes sence lol

Tracey xxx

I bought a trial pack. There was no basecoat so just used the clear but i will buy the basecoat and try that next. Cured first coat applied glitter then cured again. Apllied clear and cured then another coat and cured. Then removed tacky layer.

Latest posts

Back